Thread: 2240 query

2240 query

Hi all.
    I've just bought a Crosman 2240, looks like being fun, I hadn't realised how many modification parts are available for them!
    Thing is though some of the parts, particularly triggers etc are listed as being for mk2 or mk2a, how do I tell what model I've got as I've no idea how to tell them apart?
    I would guess if the mk2a is the latest model then that's what mine is as I recently bought it new from a shop but I guess there's no telling how long they've been in stock.
    Thanks.
    Neil.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    The newer trigger unit (that the gmac mk2a kit is for) is the one with a plastic sideplate on the right hand side of the grip/trigger.
    Good deals with these members

Thanks, just checked & mine has the plastic sideplate so must be the mk2a version.
    Cheers.
    Neil.

Hi Neil
    I have the GMAC MK2A trigger kit on my 2240 and the improvement is tremendous, highly recommend, the answer to the original question is simpler, 2 screws old, 3 screws new
    Regards David

Thanks David. If they make a decent improvement I might invest in one.
    I could do with it being a bit quieter for garden plinking but the trouble is fitting a silencer means losing the front sight, so I'd need a scope, which means fitting the steel breech kit.
    It'll end up costing more than the gun did!

GMac do a brass silencer adapter with a sight pin.
    I have a couple and they work well.

You can trim the height of the brass pin to suit but I use an HW silencer with the pin as supplied and it's v accurate.
    Hilariously silent too.

That could be the way forward, thanks.

Had exactly the same issue and ended up with a steel breech and red dot. As suggested you can get silencer adaptors with pins, I got one with TWO grub screws, used one to attach to barrel and had a threaded rod in the other as a sight pin. You need to watch the diameter of the silencer for this to work, I'd say < 30mm silencer diameter

2240 repairs

Can anyone recommend someone in the South East of the UK who would be able to diagnose and repair a fault on my 2240 please ?

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    Can anyone recommend someone in the South East of the UK who would be able to diagnose and repair a fault on my 2240 please ?
    What seems to be wrong with it? These are so simple to work on I guess once we know the fault you'll have an avalanche of replies
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilnrLincoln View Post
    Hi all.
    I've just bought a Crosman 2240, looks like being fun, I hadn't realised how many modification parts are available for them!
    Thing is though some of the parts, particularly triggers etc are listed as being for mk2 or mk2a, how do I tell what model I've got as I've no idea how to tell them apart?
    I would guess if the mk2a is the latest model then that's what mine is as I recently bought it new from a shop but I guess there's no telling how long they've been in stock.
    Thanks.
    Neil.
    2240's are strictly a Work In Progress pistol (WIP)
    You'll discover this in due course

Oh, and they will regulary find ways to reduce your bank account whilst, at the same time, the grin on your face gets wider and wider....
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    2240's are strictly a Work In Progress pistol (WIP)
    You'll discover this in due course

Oh, and they will regulary find ways to reduce your bank account whilst, at the same time, the grin on your face gets wider and wider....
    My 2250 stands me at £440 so far, and the 2240 well i fitted a noris sheldon trigger £70 with grip, it's very nice.