Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Anti Tune

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

The Anti Tune

Has anyone gone for building a rifle using the opposite of the ideas that promote good accuracy and 'useability'?

A springer with the strongest spring crammed into the action, which is slathered in thick grease.
    The weight should be reduced to the minumum, possibly a 'wire' Sten-gun type stock attached to the back block.
    Any trigger mechanism ought to be replaced with a single-piece trigger/sear arrangement.
    A leather piston washer soaked in diesel fuel.

Have I missed anything out?
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 07-03-2017 at 08:37 PM.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Yes: HW35 stamped into the action.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Has anyone gone for building a rifle using the opposite of the ideas that promote good accuracy and 'useability'?

A springer with the strongest spring crammed into the action, which is slathered in thick grease.
    The weight should be reduced to the minumum, possibly a Sten-gun type stock attached to the back block.
    Any trigger mechanism ought to be replaced with a single-piece trigger/sear arrangement.

A cheap Chinese 8-40x56 mounted backwards to give a smaller than real image

Ooohh and drill the barrel pivot out si it wobbles like Mr blobby
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Or 44?
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    You are quite shocking in your attitude to 'the old lady of Mellrichstadt'! Without the HW35 no-one in England would have believed an airgun could be accurate. Try shooting a coke can with a 1974 BSA Airsporter and period pellets.

If you see one laying around to the value of one Webley .455 BB revolver then put on your rubber gloves and take a black bin bag, wrap it and put it aside for me would you?

The weight should be reduced to the minumum, possibly a Sten-gun type stock attached to the back block.

Now this has got legs

- I actually think that this could be a lot of fun

All of the above.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    You are quite shocking in your attitude to 'the old lady of Mellrichstadt'! Without the HW35 no-one in England would have believed an airgun could be accurate. Try shooting a coke can with a 1974 BSA Airsporter and period pellets.

If you see one laying around to the value of one Webley .455 BB revolver then put on your rubber gloves and take a black bin bag, wrap it and put it aside for me would you?
    Keeping them peeled!👀
    God rest ye jelly mental men

The weight should be reduced to the minumum, possibly a 'wire' Sten-gun type stock attached to the back block.

It would certainly promote the need for consistent hold, perfect trigger technique and flawless follow through!

Sounds a little like a Relum Telly with a skeleton stock.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

A big stack of washers on the piston, a long stroke by shortening the piston, a transfer port drilled out to 6mm, except for the last tenth of an inch which is reduced to 1.5 mm and threaded M2. Take out the spring guide and cut the ends off the spring so they are nice and sharp.

Need some NATO bullet pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    A big stack of washers on the piston, a long stroke by shortening the piston, a transfer port drilled out to 6mm, except for the last tenth of an inch which is reduced to 1.5 mm and threaded M2. Take out the spring guide and cut the ends off the spring so they are nice and sharp.

Need some NATO bullet pellets.
    Ah, the transfer port trick! I forgot that. It makes the rifle more powerful by increasing piston slam to jaw-breaking proportions. The fact that the power is not transmitted to the pellet is irrelevant, it is the 'kicks like a Mk V Enfield .303 with hot AP machine-gun ammo in it' feel that is important.

I think you're going too far. The Venom Mamba is anti-tuned (a 77 super-carbine with a huge 100mm of stroke) - and it goes off like a rimfire shooting HV loads.

I thought these tunes were already on offer if you are willing to pay and or wait for them. Snappy with a horrible firing cycle via vmach and packed full of grease via SFS lol.

Sorry tin hat at the ready and waiting for the grief.

Pete

Don't forget the all important youtube video complete with shakey hands, lots of 'erms' and finally dropping it on the floor after dry firing it a couple of times......and they aren't ALL made by Tony Wall....
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Just ask our American friends with their 20 ft.lbs+ springers. They don't seem to be suffering from lack of accuracy or frequent missing of their targets. Human being is a marvelous learning and adapting machine and will learn to respond accordingly to handling a powerful gun.
    I think this tunning obsession is rather a British thing due to the very low power limit of our guns and our quite high and at times unrealistic expectations of a sub 12 airrifle.

A.G

Lol Nick..PMSL...