Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hw77 venom stock on the bay

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    And a bit like a cannabis leaf tattoo!
    The zephyr piston head always reminded me of the TV program, World in action, Phil.

http://americandigest.org/mt-archives/bowtieman.gif

All the best Mick

Was he from Cornwall, Mick?

Looks like the stock off my old Zephyr 77-maybe not.
    The Zephyr 77 worked. Mine was ridiculous, ok it was an old .22 HW77 and they are all usually nice with a decent polish and lube but my Zephyr 77 was putting out 11.4 with 15.85 JSB Exacts and was virtually recoilless-certainly on a par with my Park RH93
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    And a bit like a cannabis leaf tattoo!

I must say Sir, you have some gorgeous custom rifles.
    Very kind of you to say... I contracted the disease some time back and despite the pills still have a heavy airgun fever!

BTW that zephyr stock is now at £185+ on d'bay. I am a massive fan of the the zephyr stock, it is a 'lot of wood', which undoubtedly helps to quell the ardor of the enclosed action, but I fear some poor soul is bidding under this misapprehension that its a rare venom stock rather than a Zephyr. or maybe not!? The guy has not altered his listing, despite being prompted by someone earlier i the thread! Bad form really.
    https://www.walnut.black

the seller

Quote Originally Posted by GSMN1 View Post
    Very kind of you to say... I contracted the disease some time back and despite the pills still have a heavy airgun fever!

BTW that zephyr stock is now at £185+ on d'bay. I am a massive fan of the the zephyr stock, it is a 'lot of wood', which undoubtedly helps to quell the ardor of the enclosed action, but I fear some poor soul is bidding under this misapprehension that its a rare venom stock rather than a Zephyr. or maybe not!? The guy has not altered his listing, despite being prompted by someone earlier i the thread! Bad form really.
    I to have email the seller and he dose not seem bothered

And sold for £257.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    And sold for £257.
    Yes I watched it too.....wonder if the buyer will be £257's happy when he discovers it's not a venom.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    Yes I watched it too.....wonder if the buyer will be £257's happy when he discovers it's not a venom.
    Worth every penny-although quite a large stock, it balances well and the weight really does negate perceived recoil. If I was still on a spring rifle binge, I would have gone to 300 for it

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Worth every penny-although quite a large stock, it balances well and the weight really does negate perceived recoil. If I was still on a spring rifle binge, I would have gone to 300 for it
    I agree it's not a bad lump of timber in its own right and just as rare I should think,but if you were after a venom stock and nowt else would do then it would come as a bit of a disappointment to later find out it wasn't what you were led to believe it was.
    IF on the other hand you were after something a little different or knew what it was from the start then all is well,and that could well be the case with the buyer

Was it PTFE that was coated on the internals?

Teflon Mainspring also coated.

All lies matter

Zephyr Stock

Hi Gents

I brought the HW77 Zephyr stock off today and please dont worry i knew that it wasn't a Venom Arms stock. I wanted this stock to put a Venom Lazaglide action into it as i haven't been able to locate a genuine period Venom stock.

I've not been a member on here long, but i am totally smitten with Venom air rifles now after buying my first HW77 rifle off Craig.P, through the BBS website which is a lovely Varminter rifle in superb condition and he's a superb chap. So i blame him totally now for me wanting to collect these fine rifles.

I will re-finish the stock to its original condition and then build the rifle up over the next couple of months.

I will keep you all informed.

Kind Regards

David

Quote Originally Posted by UKdari1 View Post
    Hi Gents

I brought the HW77 Zephyr stock off today and please dont worry i knew that it wasn't a Venom Arms stock. I wanted this stock to put a Venom Lazaglide action into it as i haven't been able to locate a genuine period Venom stock.

I've not been a member on here long, but i am totally smitten with Venom air rifles now after buying my first HW77 rifle off Craig.P, through the BBS website which is a lovely Varminter rifle in superb condition and he's a superb chap. So i blame him totally now for me wanting to collect these fine rifles.

I will re-finish the stock to its original condition and then build the rifle up over the next couple of months.

Kind Regards

David
    Well done David-just to inspire you to how good a Zephyr stock can look, feast your eyes on these: http://s390.photobucket.com/user/Gra...ml?sort=3&o=17

Stipped, steamed, sanded, wet n dry paper. Stained with 2 coats of oil of askant to enhance the grain and then numerous coats of Birchwood casey oil lovingly applied: cut back with 0000 grade wire wool between coats. Finished with many coats of Birchwood Casey wax.
    The action had been re-blued by Colin Malloy (formerly operating out of Manchester airguns).

Nicest spring powered recoiling rifle I have shot

All lies matter

What' an awesome rifle if i can build one like that i will be very happy indeed.

Well at least it will keep me busy working on the stock at weekends.

Regards

David

Quote Originally Posted by UKdari1 View Post
    Hi Gents

Kind Regards

David

Nice one David, can't wait to see how you get on with the re-build, looks an ideal stock for bench rest with that near vertical grip....I do like a vertical grip stock especially with a thumbhole configuration.