Thread: Nice new rifle....

secretagentmole Guest

Nice new rifle....

Well nearly 48, Mary decided to buy me a .177 to replace the ones that had to go when things were tighter than a fishes backside! So what to buy? Well I was impressed by the BSamo Phox I got myself before Christmas, so we went BSamo again.

This time it is the Scorpion derived model, the Coyote. So without further ado, feast thine eyeballs on this little beauty!

I know it has a synthetic stock, but the wooden stock requires a hand the size of a gorilla's to make the span from pistol grip to trigger, the synthetic is much better designed, besides I have a wooden stocked Fenman.

nice looking rifle that what sort of money are they and what do you get with it atb pete

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Very nice, enjoy

Pete
    Pete

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie12342003 View Post
    nice looking rifle that what sort of money are they and what do you get with it atb pete
    They are about the £400 mark! I have test fired it to check power, has the same trigger as the Phox, so used to it. Nice crisp break, not as good as a Rekord, but not bad either! Accuracy is yet to be tested!

It looks almost identical to the BSA Ultra XL. I handled one at the shooting show, very nice but with that one they should make the cheek piece wood too. What's the shot count on your new toy?
    .22 HW 110 ST
    .22 HW97 KT Blackline STL
    Walther CP88 Competition Nickel

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball50 View Post
    It looks almost identical to the BSA Ultra XL. I handled one at the shooting show, very nice but with that one they should make the cheek piece wood too. What's the shot count on your new toy?
    Book says about 100 in .177!

Nice rifle mate, I've tried one and it was spot on.
    Air Arms HFT 500. HW100 FSB. HW99 (.22) HW99 (.177) HW30 (.177) HW97K (.177) Gamo GX40 (.22)

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Well nearly 48, Mary decided to buy me a .177 to replace the ones that had to go when things were tighter than a fishes backside! So what to buy? Well I was impressed by the BSamo Phox I got myself before Christmas, so we went BSamo again.

This time it is the Scorpion derived model, the Coyote. So without further ado, feast thine eyeballs on this little beauty!

I know it has a synthetic stock, but the wooden stock requires a hand the size of a gorilla's to make the span from pistol grip to trigger, the synthetic is much better designed, besides I have a wooden stocked Fenman.
    Like you I found the shape of the synthetic nicer but I didn't like the synthetic material!! Such a bummer they don't do a dedicated R/H wood version the same shape as the synthetic. If they did I'd have bought an ultra but instead I bought an R10
    Good selling ploy by beeza there

Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

secretagentmole Guest
    Accuracy? 10 shot group at 30 metres.

Why yes it is!

Spot on piece of kit that mate. Enjoy.
    Air Arms HFT 500. HW100 FSB. HW99 (.22) HW99 (.177) HW30 (.177) HW97K (.177) Gamo GX40 (.22)

Congratulations on your new toy, Mr Moley.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Very nice

HI, Very nice and the weather has just started to chage so enjoy your nice new gun, and the grouping was ok but it will get better as it leds up . ATVB bob.

We don't hear much about the Coyote.
    Launched at the same time as the Rotex which got the publicity.

But I think that's because it is a good gun?

I would be very interested in hearing your comparison of the phox and coyote. Are they much of a muchness or is one better than the other?
    Cheers
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)