Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a kit snob?

Are you a kit snob?

Are you a kit snob?
    I'm starting to think that I am!!! I love a seriously nice bit of glass, and wood wouldn't life be so much easier if you weren't attracted to that really expensive rifle/scope/binoculars????
    Still.., I like to think I can be at least a bit reserved and try to buy second hand as much as I can & limit the guns I have so I can just a few really really nice setups.

Whats your hankerings? What would you buy if you just could? Or are you just plain happy with a gamo topped with an smk?

Atb
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Ok, so my Steyr with its Leupold on top is nice, but its not all about cost!
    I have a Walnut TX with a Leupold on it for when I'm slumming it.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I try to go for the best I can afford. I often look second hand and am not afraid to try something a little left field (especially on scopes).

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Ok, so my Steyr with its Leupold on top is nice, but its not all about cost!
    I have a Walnut TX with a Leupold on it for when I'm slumming it.
    snob!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

secretagentmole Guest
    No., had everything from a B2 to a Mk 3, I love Hatsans, seriously under rated kit, now the BSamo PCP range is tickling the fancies well!

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    I try to go for the best I can afford. I often look second hand and am not afraid to try something a little left field (especially on scopes).
    Yeah... I don't think your a snob.. you have a few nice rifles like tour at44 & terrus. There not for want of a better word "mainstream lust guns" Lol...
    Let me give you an example, I don't think I'd have been so interested in buying my huntsman classic if it didn't have a full huggett shroud & a Rowan trigger already fitted.. that says something about me doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    No., had everything from a B2 to a Mk 3, I love Hatsans, seriously under rated kit, now the BSamo PCP range is tickling the fancies well!
    Agreed... Your not a snob.
    My first gun was my theoben evo thumbhole with a Nikon prostaff 4x32 on it.....

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Are you a kit snob?
    No - the most expensive rig that I shoot came in under £250, all in, all new...

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    No - the most expensive rig that I shoot came in under £250, all in, all new...
    Good call, what was the rig?

well my FX verminator tuned by the logunator with a sidewinder and BKL mounts is my no frills hunting rig and i love it
    My just for the pleasure of shooting it is a DS air ranger, polished internals select barrel ( whatever that means ) carbon fibre bottle rowan adjustable but pad Atlas bipod Sako oversize ball for the bolt Huggett shroud and mod sportsmatch adjustable mounts all topped of with a bushnell elite 6500 4.5/30x50
    I may be a bit of a snob now i think about it , but hey no wife or kids dont drink smoke drive a fancy car or go on holidays so why not

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Good call, what was the rig?
    .177 99s/Simmons scope/Sportsmatch mounts...

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    well my FX verminator tuned by the logunator with a sidewinder and BKL mounts is my no frills hunting rig and i love it
    My just for the pleasure of shooting it is a DS air ranger, polished internals select barrel ( whatever that means ) carbon fibre bottle rowan adjustable but pad Atlas bipod Sako oversize ball for the bolt Huggett shroud and mod sportsmatch adjustable mounts all topped of with a bushnell elite 6500 4.5/30x50
    I may be a bit of a snob now i think about it , but hey no wife or kids dont drink smoke drive a fancy car or go on holidays so why not
    As I just said on another thread if the gun makes you say "oh yes! I love shooting this gun" then I'd say it's money well spent! And as you say you could easily piss it up the wall or be driving around in a posh car.. so fair play sir!

Wink

must be a daft feeling then when some random young boy with a silly springer outshoots you.

I just love shooting....

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    .177 99s/Simmons scope/Sportsmatch mounts...
    See, now I'd say that was selective snobbery lol some very nice kit there all be it actually quite cheep.
    I paid £418 for my theoben evo thumbhole, with my meopta Artemis 6x42 4b Ret scope. Which is cheap for what would have been £1020 if bought new!!!

So I suppose snobbery doesn't necessarily mean it's extremely expensive...

But it helps