Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are you a kit snob?

Blackrider is online now It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    It's very satisfying to look through your scope/bins and see this ultra clear almost liquid crystal image that reveals everything.. I love it
    Especially in low light !
    “An airgun or two”………

Not a kit snob at all, I just appreciate the finer things in life...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I suppose everything's relative.

As many on here will be aware, I love my HW boingers. And, maybe, people who are stuck at the very bottom end of the Boinger market may consider someone with lots of HWs a "snob". But, then, some users of £2000 + PCP rigs with equally expensive optics will have a different view.

My HWs have earned their place in my cabinet (and heart) through many years of reliable, fuss-free service and solid, built to last engineering and I consider them brilliant value.
    Well said sir, a man after my own heart

All my guns are second hand and my scopes, I do love a bargain, most of my mounts are new tho, I like the sportsmatch 1 piece mounts, I don't see the point in putting a nice scope, even if it's from the 80's on to mounts that could damage them, I suppose that could be classed as a bit snobby. The thing is with springers, you need to clamp everything down well, or you will end up having to re zero every time you use the gun, that's when you damage your nice scope with cheap mounts

I like nice things that work better than less nice things that don't work as well.

That's not snobbery.

Snobbery is looking down on people because of their status, wealth, or possessions.

I may almost be a reverse snob. I mean, I see people spend £1500 on a special edition Daystate, and my reaction is: "Fine, if that rocks your boat, but I could have bought a dozen lovely classic springers for that kind of money - or less."

Think with my smk scope on my air ranger I don't think I am, Saying that I have put black tape on the smk logo,

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    saying that i have put black tape on the smk logo,
    Snob !!!...:d

Cool Pro Elite with IOR

I just put my IOR 4 x 32 on my Pro Elite, it looks every bit as lovely as it is to shoot, since I'm new on this forum I cant post a picture yet, but it will come

Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Snob !!!...:d
    LOL, I have a lesley Hewitt on my rapid,

Blackrider is online now It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Its not an original Rapid 7 unless its got the original Theoben Evo Silencer (and I say silencer being period) which "Bangs like a S$$t House Door in a Gale" !
    “An airgun or two”………

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    My kit is towards the higher end of the market in some respects, but without going off the deep end

I like nice kit, but the more you spend the less you get for the money, so I guess I'm more into value for money once you get to a certain standard rather that buying expensive kit? e.g. - £20 scope, ok for the back yard, £100 scope - has potential, good all rounder, £500 scope, you can tell the difference in quality and has a clearer picture - but you could have 5 x £100 scopes instead? £2k scope - never used one, but I suspect for the shooting I do I would not benefit in any way.

When I think how much I spend on cars and holidays - I'm spending peanuts on guns over the years.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    When I think how much I spend on cars and holidays - I'm spending peanuts on guns over the years.
    This is very true especially if you're married and have kids