Thread: weird Diana 46 stutzen help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've definitely seen a similar cheekpiece. I'm wondering if it was from the Diana catalogue when they offered the custom/ bespoke service. Its also possible the lack of etching is due to a replacement breech cover being fitted.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    I've definitely seen a similar cheekpiece. I'm wondering if it was from the Diana catalogue when they offered the custom/ bespoke service. Its also possible the lack of etching is due to a replacement breech cover being fitted.
    Must say, I quite like the stock but I can't say i've seen one like it before!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    The cheek piece and stock appear to be a german pattern sometimes seen on "high end" Blaser or Anschutz hunting/safari rifles in top grade Anatolian or Aserbaijan walnut !
    The lower ridges vary in number from 1 to 3.
    Standard Diana cheek pieces tend to be the Monti Carlo pattern.

This particular stock looks like a custom special and personally, I like it !
    “An airgun or two”………

From the 3 pics the action looks like a 'T 05' 460 with no noticeable changes (scope mount etc look standard), but the lack of markings is weird - they are not the sort of thing that can be lost by overpolishing or whatever (they are properly stamped & approx 1.5mm deep - laser etching came later). M&G / Diana have made rfiles for many other distributors & used diff. names in certain regions (RWS, Gecado, Remington etc) but ...

Youir stock looks to be a very stylized german hog's back stutzen with checkering copied from the later Mod 50 (of the 60's/70's).

Well, I've found the markings. They're VERY vague. With a light they are hardly recogniseable.
    Cant really tell what it says. Lóóks like 43 but that cant be. Must be 46.
    Does a Stutzen have its own model on it? Like '46 stutzen' or 46ST?
    Dont think it has been reblued though. It actually should háve a reblue

Do all model 46 have the holes in the plastic foresight? Or stutzen only?
    ATB,
    yana

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Well, I've found the markings. They're VERY vague. With a light they are hardly recogniseable.
    Cant really tell what it says. Lóóks like 43 but that cant be. Must be 46.
    Does a Stutzen have its own model on it? Like '46 stutzen' or 46ST?
    Dont think it has been reblued though. It actually should háve a reblue

Do all model 46 have the holes in the plastic foresight? Or stutzen only?
    There is a Model 430 Stutxen but that is a sliding breech model (I think!) but then, If the digits aren't prope4rly formed, A 6 could look like a 3

Googling images for all the various Diana Stutzen models, It seems like they all have the screws at the forend!

Maybe some stockmaker or carpenter thought to improve the original design and you have a one off stock!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

We're making progress! I saw something 'written'inside the stock. And it máy have had stockholes in the past. They may have been filled from the inside allthough on the outside, nothing is visible:

ATB,
    yana