Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Airguns seized at shows

Airguns seized at shows

In the last few months there has been a team going around shows and militaria fairs seizing air guns from sellers with no rfd i know of collector’s disposing of some of there collection locally to me and have been seized and handed to west mercia Police .No charge and no chance of getting guns back is what they have been told

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by splosh! View Post
    In the last few months there has been a team going around shows and militaria fairs seizing air guns from sellers with no rfd i know of collector’s disposing of some of there collection locally to me and have been seized and handed to west mercia Police .No charge and no chance of getting guns back is what they have been told
    With all due respect in order for what you write to be put in any kind of sensible perspective a lot more information is needed.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Are these collectors on here? - perhaps they could provide some more details...?

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    With all due respect in order for what you write to be put in any kind of sensible perspective a lot more information is needed.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    ALL i know is its happening .its a government body and not the police .even the people this has happened to will not no much as they wont tell you anything

Also...if you swallow an orange pip a whole orange tree will grow out of your bum! Its true and it happened to my mates cousin's dad
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    Also...if you swallow an orange pip a whole orange tree will grow out of your bum! Its true and it happened to my mates cousin's dad
    you think its bull shit someone i know has lost 3k worth ov collectables

you think its bull shit someone i know has lost 3k worth ov collectables
    And you've no idea who these mysterious people carrying out the confiscating are?.

If it were a car boot sale I could perhaps understand the police taking action.

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    And you've no idea who these mysterious people carrying out the confiscating are?.
    The Patina Police ?

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    The Patina Police ?
    The chief constable's bell target club?

ALL i know is its happening .its a government body and not the police .even the people this has happened to will not no much as they wont tell you anything
    I'm not sure such an organisation would get very far without providing any background or legal justification for their actions? Would you hand possessions over to an unknown without requiring an explanation?
    I suspect there will have been legitimate grounds for the events which may have fuelled this rumour- likely something to do with crossing the line into trading without any necessary RFD certificate (as opposed to private sales to over 18s as we do on BBS)

Sorry American here what is a RFD? Just so hard to relate to your situation, seems like bureaucratic terrorism? Surely there are better things for them to be concerned about?

Registered Firearms Dealer...someone legally allowed to trade in gun sales as a professional.

That does not sound right to me...anyone I've ever met that has felt aggrieved about something that has happened to them is only too willing to share their experiences!
    And why wouldn't they unless they've done something illegal...

It sounds all too plausible to me, unfortunately. It was a somewhat grey area under the VCR Act as to what 'dealing' in post-1939 airguns meant. It is probably arguable that a militaria dealer who sells the odd postwar airgun is 'dealing' in them as a professional, hence, if they have no airgun-specific RFD approval, they are breaking the law...

Equally it could be argued that someone at a boot fair is not a dealer until they sell a certain (undefined in the Act) number of airguns per week/month/year.

If pre-1939 airguns were seized, it was an illegal act and the police should have been called.

I hope I am dead wrong about all of this.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Conviscaction

I do know this person who has had his air guns taken so this is fact not fiction