Thread: Airguns seized at shows

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    edbear2 Guest
    I know the O.P. too and will vouch for him, and my experience at Malvern in the past where I know at least 3 regular sellers is that 2 have had hassle from a person who was accompanied by the police who normally circulate at these fairs. In both cases they are collectors who are selling guns that they have replaced with better examples, or are thinning out. In both cases they were told roughly "We have been watching you and you regularly sell weapons here (bear in mind there are 9-10 fairs a year only) ...Because of this we are warning you that you may need a RFD to carry, or you may be in trouble in future / may be consequences".

Now both these sellers sell all sorts of tools / various items, but do normally have maybe 4-5 air rifles of various vintage and various related stuff as well, their pitches are not 100% weapons/ militaria related like some I have seen.

I have not been to any fairs this year or had the chance to speak to either, so cannot add to the comments about stuff being taken, but can catagorically say that sellers had be visited by some plain clothed person who spoke to them as above.

ATB, Ed
    Last edited by edbear2; 12-03-2017 at 10:02 AM.

In all fairness to splosh, he may or may not have had all the details, but, his heads up have led to more detailed information, which may, or may not, have come up for more discussion and confirmation that it looks like it is a real situation to be made aware of.....

Best regards......

I agree Splosh bashing is a bit unfair.

We now know this can happen and that's a valuable heads up.
    I am thinking about ways of moving a few Collectables on so pretty relevant to me.