Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Really good AGW this month

Quote Originally Posted by Scubashot View Post
    cross winds combining with the Magnus effect to create upward or downward forces, depending upon the directions of spin and crosswind.
    That is another myth, cross winds don't combine with Magnus to create upward or downward forces unless you have a grossly overstable pellet.

Sorry couldn't let that one go. I'll be quiet now and read the article when I get it.

Shoot magazines

I subscribe to Readly the online magazine subscription, about 2000 titles and loads of back issues for £7.99 a month, download the app and try for two days for free. Then do two months for the price of one.
    I read
    Airgun Shooter,
    Airgunner,
    Airgun World,
    Gunnery,
    Shooting Sports,
    Rifle Shooter,
    All on Readly.
    Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Thanks, everyone. Your kind words are much appreciated.

In related news, April's issue is a bit of a landmark one, in that it sees us bring in a disabled airgunner for his regular take on our sport as he experiences it, plus I reconnect with my love of springers after a shamefully long absence.

We also have a new designer on Airgun World and Air Gunner, and I'm really pleased with the changes.

Thanks again, chaps, and as always, if you have any constructive suggestions, or contributions of your own, I'm at the end of terry.doe@archant.co.uk

All the best.
    Air Gunner,March issue.Red Squirrel Ranger,Starts the story with the tree branches, leaf colours in the background, am not a fan of this, an glad to state it seems to only happen in rare circumstances these days, Cant understand,now that i liked.
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Quote Originally Posted by ballisticboy View Post
    That is another myth, cross winds don't combine with Magnus to create upward or downward forces unless you have a grossly overstable pellet.

Sorry couldn't let that one go. I'll be quiet now and read the article when I get it.
    While you're waiting for the article to arrive you may be interested in a little light bedtime reading of this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exte...the_projectile
    I'm sure it'll mean more to you than me, unless you wrote it? ;-)

While you're waiting for the article to arrive you may be interested in a little light bedtime reading of this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exte...the_projectile
    I'm sure it'll mean more to you than me, unless you wrote it? ;-)
    Not guilty. It is far too small arms biased to have been written by me.

Quote Originally Posted by ballisticboy View Post
    Not guilty. It is far too small arms biased to have been written by me.
    So it's safe to assume that 0.177 is not your preferred calibre? ;-)

So it's safe to assume that 0.177 is not your preferred calibre? ;-)
    On the contrary I have both .22 and .177. The .22 is used mainly for experimental work as it is easier to make/modify .22 pellets than it is .177. The old eyesight isn't what it used to be.