Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fancy a change...

Fancy a change...

Seriously considering trading the ole 'TXhc' in for something different, fancy a breaker again and was considering the 95k but the thing is I've already had a 95 and I quite like the weight of the 'TX' so my question is would I be better off with an 80k ?

I suppose in reality the question should be 'TXhc vs 80k' which one would you choose ?

HW98, the adjustable stock is a major advantage over the HW80 or 95.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    HW98, the adjustable stock is a major advantage over the HW80 or 95.

Interesting. I had always coveted the HW98, but when I got it I couldn't help wondering wtf is the point of an adjustable sporter stock? If going to that trouble and expense I think HW would have been better off starting with a more upright pistol grip and deeper forend.

A sorted HW80 in a Cs800 takes some beating, but my mk1 95 is my current favourite springer.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

HW90, just been shooting mine in .22, its brilliant 😉
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    HW90, just been shooting mine in .22, its brilliant 😉
    Already owned a rammer, a 'Theoben Scirocco' to be precise, not something I really aspire to anymore to be honest...

A 98 is just a 95 in a fancy stock innit ?...

secretagentmole Guest
    Go for a 90 then!

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Already owned a rammer, a 'Theoben Scirocco' to be precise, not something I really aspire to anymore to be honest...
    If you haven't shot a 90 try one, not the same as scirroco's. Might not be for you but I have lots of springers and a few gas rams and to me it's as nice to shoot as my sorted HW50.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

tx or hw80k

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Seriously considering trading the ole 'TXhc' in for something different, fancy a breaker again and was considering the 95k but the thing is I've already had a 95 and I quite like the weight of the 'TX' so my question is would I be better off with an 80k ?

I suppose in reality the question should be 'TXhc vs 80k' which one would you choose ?
    I have a hw80k it is accurate and legal now but its far harder to shoot accurately than a TXhc, there is a lot of metal flying around inside one. If I was you I would go for a hw99 in .22 or even .177 they are an amazing gun to shoot.

TXHC or 80k - 80k every time...

Quote Originally Posted by keithy View Post
    I have a hw80k it is accurate and legal now but its far harder to shoot accurately than a TXhc, there is a lot of metal flying around inside one. If I was you I would go for a hw99 in .22 or even .177 they are an amazing gun to shoot.
    Can't see me parting with my TX for a 99s (a 99s would look like a kids toy in my hands) in what way do you find the TX easier to shoot than an 80k, more hold sensitive, more recoil, more muzzle flip ?

I must say I did like my 95 and was hoping the 80 would be the same albeit on a slightly larger scale...

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Interesting. I had always coveted the HW98, but when I got it I couldn't help wondering wtf is the point of an adjustable sporter stock? If going to that trouble and expense I think HW would have been better off starting with a more upright pistol grip and deeper forend.

A sorted HW80 in a Cs800 takes some beating, but my mk1 95 is my current favourite springer.
    If your lucky enough to have a body shape that fits a factory stock then fair enough, however every one is different and the adjustable stock means you can fit the rifle to you properly, a well fitted rifle makes a huge difference to your stances and head position, I learnt very early on the rifle comes to the shooter not the shooter to the rifle!

If your lucky enough to have a body shape that fits a factory stock then fair enough, however every one is different and the adjustable stock means you can fit the rifle to you properly, a well fitted rifle makes a huge difference to your stances and head position, I learnt very early on the rifle comes to the shooter not the shooter to the rifle!
    Do they make a stock to fit the body shape of a silverback ?...

No, that's why I have to buy adjustable stocks or modify my own!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Yes, but its a sporter stock on a gun thats pretending to be a target rifle. The factory 95 stock is a poor fit, as is the 98. The fit doesnt change, just the cheek piece height, and you need fingers like ET to reach the trigger!
    If I wanted something like a 98, but one that fitted, I'd buy a 95 and get a custom stock. But thats pretty much the same across the whole range.
    God rest ye jelly mental men