Thread: Wonky HW99s

Wonky HW99s

Hello,

Please can someone tell me where I can get a Wonky kit for my HW99s?

Regards,

David

Hi David,

WonkyDonky (Dave Price) is your man.

He is a member on here but I can't remember seeing him on here for a while. Very knowledgeable chap and his kits are very good; I have one in my .22 99S. Dave uses springs made to his specification and the kit will come with bespoke, matching guide and top hat. Highly recommended.

Other options - The Tinbum kits are very good and available in various stages. So you can buy just the guide, top hat and power adjustment washers (+ Bumslide) or a kit which will include these components mated to a spring, so you know 100% that they will match the spring exactly. Or you could whip the spring out, post it to him and he'll return it with the matching items. Make sure that the spring ends are flat and polished and, once allied to these components, refinement and shooting manners will be very much improved.

V-Mach. Superb kits, but I hear he has been ill of late and currently working reduced hours, so not sure on availability. Again, kits or spring / guide sets available in different configurations.

There are also SFS (Sandwell Field Sports) and Welsh Willy kits to be had. No first hand experience of these but I doubt they would be anything other than excellent.

Hope this helps.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hi David,

WonkyDonky (Dave Price) is your man.

He is a member on here but I can't remember seeing him on here for a while. Very knowledgeable chap and his kits are very good; I have one in my .22 99S. Dave uses springs made to his specification and the kit will come with bespoke, matching guide and top hat. Highly recommended.

Other options - The Tinbum kits are very good and available in various stages. So you can buy just the guide, top hat and power adjustment washers (+ Bumslide) or a kit which will include these components mated to a spring, so you know 100% that they will match the spring exactly. Or you could whip the spring out, post it to him and he'll return it with the matching items. Make sure that the spring ends are flat and polished and, once allied to these components, refinement and shooting manners will be very much improved.

V-Mach. Superb kits, but I hear he has been ill of late and currently working reduced hours, so not sure on availability. Again, kits or spring / guide sets available in different configurations.

There are also SFS (Sandwell Field Sports) and Welsh Willy kits to be had. No first hand experience of these but I doubt they would be anything other than excellent.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks Tony

David,

+1 on Mr. Price.

I had a Wonky Donky 0.22" kit in my 0.177" HW99S, and it made for a delightful rifle to cock and shoot - it was making a hair under 10 ft.lb with no compression washers.

I could have added some compression washers to bring it up, but I really liked the way it shot so I left it alone - much less cocking force needed compared to standard.

I have also had a Welsh Willy kit in my HW99S, and it was a fine product too - Will produces excellent quality work - being as this was a standard 0.177" kit, it made around 10.8 ft.lb with no washers.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

+1 here for the wonky kit for the 99s I have one in my .177 99s and it has totally transformed the shooting manners of this little rifle

Thanks guys