Thread: Diana 56th

Diana 56th

Picked up a 56th new in 177 on a whim today can anyone give me some insight on these and the performance as I'm not getting to shoot it till tomorrow.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Now here's a Thread !
    There's quite a bit of 56 stuff on Youtube, much of it American that's worth a watch !

It'll be heavy, a bit like an "Airking on steriods" but I bet its well accurate !
    Be interested to know what scope you mount on it Sir ?

Report back and let us know how you get on !

An air rifle I wouldn't mind !
    “An airgun or two”………

I've put a hawk vantage Ir 4-16x50 ao scope on it not the best but after £500 for the rifle I didn't want to spend more than £150 on a scope.

What mount have you used ?
    “An airgun or two”………

2 piece Bisley mounts is this not any good?

Wouldn't be sure but I used a dampa on the A'king.
    See how it goes, you should be OK !

Have you seen the new Diana Bullseye ZR Mount ? Sort of a spring loaded sliding shuttle arrangement which looks pretty interesting !

And let us know what pellet it likes. The A'king's preferring JSB Express at the moment but I really should try RWS Superdomes.
    Thanx.
    “An airgun or two”………

I'll get some jsbs to try tomorrow as I'm in need of some more what weight do you use?

The JSB Express are 7.87 gr.
    “An airgun or two”………

Whoever said you can't put a bipod on a springer has never shot a tuned Diana on a sled.

Already a hefty outlay but I'd be seeing about getting it sleeved and short stroked down to 22mm/20mm, I've seen the videos and you are talking literally no recoil fed back to the stock.

Superdomes seem to work well in most Dianas by all accounts, my 52 likes them (it tends to spit 4.52 JSB's back out )

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo87 View Post
    Picked up a 56th new in 177 on a whim today can anyone give me some insight on these and the performance as I'm not getting to shoot it till tomorrow.
    I have a sleeved down 22mm skirtless 54 airking

I know a guy with a 56th with bipod and he is shooting some amazing groups with his
    Here are some of his 55 yard groups in the link below

http://s833.photobucket.com/user/val...library/target

I bought a Diana 56TH .177 last Thursday and finally got to use it today. I had initially wanted a Diana 470TH but soon changed my mind when I picked the 56TH up. I had a good session
    down at the range with it today (6.5 Hours) and was absolutely delighted with it.
    I fed her Air Arms Field pellets and didn't bother trying anything else. I had cleaned the barrel before using it (as I always do) and there was plenty of grot in the barrel. I put a few pellets
    through her whilst zeroing in, then tried a few groups at 35 yards. I was stunned, I have never shot such a tight group with any of my rifles. I then tried at 45 yards and then 50 yards and was
    still amazed how good the groupings were. I was using a Hawke Vantage 6 - 24 x 44 SF scope with Sportsmatch mounts, and the accuracy was stunning by my standards. I am so impressed with this Rifle it is worth it's
    hefty price tag as I can see some great shooting heading my way.
    I used my HW77 for a while but was having some problems with that, so returned to Diana. It was then I realised how heavy it is and how much strength you need to cock it. I don't think it would be normal
    for me to use it for so long, I usually take 3 rifles with me. It was only as I had problems with the other rifle that I used this for so long. As I write this thread I am absolutely cream crackered, and my arms and shoulders ache. But it is worth it, I had the best days shooting in a long time. The weather was lovely, the rifle is beautiful and the results were truly for me amazing.
    Last edited by StellaArtois Sr; 15-03-2017 at 09:09 PM. Reason: adding more info

Had a similar experience with a recently bought Airking in relation to weight and cocking effort but shooting it is fantastic !
    Glad you're liking the 56TH, there's a lot to be said for these big Diana air rifles !
    “An airgun or two”………

I have model 440 TH .177. This rifle is a scaled down version of model 470, the 440 is designed for the 12ft/lb market.
    It is very accurate with a great trigger. It is no heavier than my walnut mk2 AA Pro Sport. It does need a strip down and full re-lube with a minor tune. I particularly like the beech stock design in a nice smooth dark walnut stain.

I have the 430 which is the sporting stock version of the 440, lovely gun! Was advised that the German 7.5J spring works a treat with the transfer port restrictor removed, I have one on order from Germany and looking forward to getting it fitted.

56TH is definitely on "the list" but not until I have everything else sorted.