Thread: A-Tec Wave Moderator

A-Tec Wave Moderator

I purchased a Brocock Compatto yesterday and the RFD had fitted an A-Tec Wave Mod. It is calibre specific, looks good and is a nice matt gun metal grey. its not tapered at the barrel end which also helps as the barrel shroud on the compatto is a bit wide for the HW or Hugget, maybe a belita would look good. I am yet to test the sound but the internals aren't your conventional hair curlers and wadding as I think these are also designed for firearms.

Link to website: http://www.a-tec.no/rimfire/a-tec-wave#

Has anyone else any experience with this brand?

whats the best position to place the sound meter for testing moderators?
    Last edited by Missed_dinner; 12-03-2017 at 09:37 AM. Reason: added link

atec's are good rimfire mods, but not sure how efficient they are on air rifles/ pistols. swift stumpy is a very good mod for air pistols. i use one on my falcon and eb20. you might want to try taking readings with a decimeter next to pistol. and then another set of readings about 10/15m away (or the distance closest to the range you tend to shoot at) to get a 'realistic' reading, as this is the distance others or quarry will be experiencing (if that makes sense). the firing point reading is only the sound level you'll be experiencing and not others, if thats your concern...
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

The A-Tec Wave is designed as a rimfire/air rifle silencer and .... see all specs on link below.
    I purchased one of these in my local rfd while there buying a compatto when they first came out , i couldn't believe how quiet and effective it was and such a nice compact size.

https://www.mccloys.com/news/new-moderator-a-tec-wave

regards Daniel.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I use two A-Tec Maxims, a 4 baffle on a .223 and 5 baffle on a .270. Made in Norway.
    Both are very good, light and efficient. Componants take apart and are easily cleaned !
    I believe this model has now been superceded though ?
    “An airgun or two”………

I bought one a few weeks back from my local rfd for my old venom viper pcp.
    It's all metal construction very well made and finished and all I can hear now when shooting the viper is the hammer strike, and at a mere 35quid a bit of a bargain Imo.

Im putting one up for sale today, if anyone interested.

Thumbs up yes please!!

yes I'm interested mate - I've sent you a pm....

Quote Originally Posted by webb22 View Post
    yes I'm interested mate - I've sent you a pm....
    You won't be disappointed mate.

I just had a play in the garden and I think I could fire this Compatto at night and not even wake the neighbours. I will definitely be doing a sound test and if its the quietest I will be buying another one for my Ultra.

I have spent months trying to hush my Ultra and all I had to do was buy a Compatto.

thanks mate. i just purchased it from matey above, so can't wait to get it!

Wanted to buy one of these some months ago from my local RFD but was told "they're certificated for fac so can't sell you one unless you have a fac" .

Salamander is offline The bbs' most interfered with member
    Quote Originally Posted by emin-j View Post
    Wanted to buy one of these some months ago from my local RFD but was told "they're certificated for fac so can't sell you one unless you have a fac" .
    He needs a kick up the jacksie.
    I've bought them on and off FAC for a rimfire and an air rifle and the makers specify they're for both. They're very good on either as well.
    That mod from Yns Mon's been interfering with me.

Thumbs up

Atec turned up yesterday thanks to peddy for sorting one out for me (top man).... initial test on hw100 mk1 .22 (of course!) AMAZING! for its size it far out performed larger mods I have. It's on par with a+m marksman (the very long one which does perform well) and it's half the size! Well done atec and thanks for recommendation chaps.

I have had one on my BSA R10 MKii .22, it is dogs dangles. It is no quieter than an HW but it is shorter and lighter.

A.G

The A-Tec CMM-4 is neat, modular unit and very quiet. It really softens the bark of my HW101KT. Good for air rifles and rimmies too.