Thread: Horsham Hawks Winter Hunter Series - Final Round - Sunday 19th March 2017

Horsham Hawks Winter Hunter Series - Final Round - Sunday 19th March 2017

Horsham Hawks Winter Hunter Series 2016/17

The fourth and final round of the Horsham Hawks Winter Hunter Series for 2016/17 will be held next Sunday, 19th March 2017, followed by prize-giving.

The shoot will be open to all safe shooters with sub 12ft/lb air rifles. The targets are set out and this promises to be both an interesting and challenging course - hopefully, not too challenging though!

Gates will open at 8.30am with ‘booking in’ commencing at 9.00am. The shoot will start at 10.00am after a safety briefing scheduled for 9.45am. You must be at the safety briefing if you intend to shoot.

Guests £7.00
    Members and juniors £4.00

As many cars as possible will be accommodated in the wood. Some may have to be parked further along the road. Should this occur, a marshal will be on hand to assist with directions.

Tea and coffee will be available. However, no burger van will be present.

There will be a total of four rounds, with the best three percentage scores counting towards the final positions. Trophies will be awarded following completion of the last round on Sunday 19th March 2017. They will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in ‘open’; 1st, 2nd and 3rd in ‘recoiling/.22’, 1st in ‘ladies’ (providing there are at least two shooting in at least two rounds of the competition) and 1st in juniors (providing there are at least two shooting in at least two rounds of the competition).

Please note that this is a ‘Hunter Series’ shoot. There will be 15 targets shot from 30 pegs (i.e. 2 pegs per target). Whilst UKAHFT range format rules have been applied loosely, it should be borne in mind that there will be occasions when they have not. For instance, there will be no positional shots (but you may have to stand, kneel or scramble around a little to see the target) and target distances will not be determined by kill zone size. Most targets will be between 8 and 45 yards but some will not. Hopefully, there will be nothing too silly. Safety considerations will remain of paramount importance.

It may well be muddy, so please come equipped to get down and dirty.

Directions and contact details are on our website at:-

http://hawks-club.wixsite.com/horsham-hawks-hft

The cumulative results for rounds 1, 2 and 3 can be found at:-

http://media.wix.com/ugd/003ef4_e226...edfa41ca32.pdf

See you there …

Phil
    Last edited by pjacobs; 12-03-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Hi Phil

Hope you don't mind my intervention, but I couldn't get through using your link to the results sheet.

THIS may work

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Hi Phil

Hope you don't mind my intervention, but I couldn't get through using your link to the results sheet.

THIS may work

Biggles
    Hi Mike,
    Very many thanks for helping out. Not sure what went wrong there, it worked on the 'other forum'. Have now corrected it, though.
    Oh, and by the way, well done today..!
    All the best,
    Phil

Brilliant!
    Although I've got form for stuffing up second place royally
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Interesting Phil !

I cant imagine how the 15 target/30 peg setup works so I will have to turn up and find out.

Cya on Sunday.

EDIT: Sorry Phil I now get the format. As you can see my original post was late evening and way past my bedtime. Must remember to only post before the watershed in future
    Last edited by Charlie123; 16-03-2017 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Pre-tablets senior moment

Great intro to hft

This was my first competing shoot and what a great day it was, met some wonderful people and a big thank you to kevin and Ivan who shot with me and kindly shared their shooting mat with me.
    Can't wait to come back to the hawks club and shoot their next devilishly designed course.