Thread: Morning coffee with the 1939 Stoeger Air Gun Catalog

Morning coffee with the 1939 Stoeger Air Gun Catalog

Gavin posted the 1939 Stoeger Air Gun Catalog on a post I started and I'm looking it over with my morning coffee:
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/68145...catalogue+1939

Lots of thoughts come to mind, it really is a great frozen piece of history:

1. Very easy to see why the Crosman 101 dominated the American market. This was the Depression and the cost of European spring rifles were four times as much!

2. I have a mad desire to find a Webley dart puller, I don't know why?

3. Not the first time I've seen them, but Good God! those Brown Pneumatic pistols look cool.

4. The Haenel Schmeisser 33 rifle makes me want to center a collection around this iconic designer. Designer collection with a military slant.

5. Why are there a lot of Haenel 28s in England? The 28 was a lot cheaper than the Webleys, I think it was a Depression over there too.

6. With enough caffeine in the system I remembered my high school algebra and figured out how the price of a Haenel 28-R compared to the Webley Senior. I looked at my 1934 Hudson ad where the cost of a 28 was $11.75 and the 28-R was $17.95.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...pskqapnn4s.jpg

The Haenel 28 in the 1939 Stoeger Catalog was $15. A little high school ratio work says the cost of the 28-R in 1939 would be about $22.91. About the same as a Webley Senior. Probably the reason you don't see as many of them in England?

7. Does the absence of the Haenel 28-R from the 1939 Stoeger Catalog imply they stopped making them? Maybe they were never in their offering?

Time for another cup, I love retirement!
    Last edited by 45flint; 16-03-2017 at 01:43 PM.