Thread: Original 50 Valuation

Original 50 Valuation

Hi. I have two original 50's that I'm considering part ex-ing for a new prosport (the 50's don't get used anymore)

One has the slanted forend, metal is lovely but stock is cloudy with peeling laquer
    The other has the schnabel forend. Lovely stock but a couple of scratches on the metal

Any idea what they would be worth in part ex? Or would I be better off selling privately. I don't know how much of a market there is for these guns and I don't want to be trying to sell them still in 6 months time.

I'm not near a camera at the moment but might be able to get some pictures if it helps

Thanks!

Original 50 Valuation

Wihout pictures its hard to say but i sold my .22 80's mod 50 for £150 a few years ago..177's are a bit more in demand for bell target i belive.

Price

Somewhere between £100 and £200 , .177 fetching a better price than .22.
    It is difficult to be more precise on so little information.

Cheers Crowbar

Idea of price

I bought a nice .22 (1977) Mod 50 about a year ago, private sale for £160. More recently I paid £295 for a near mint .177 (1970) from a dealer.

They don't come up for sale very often these days, so I'd say starting price would be in region of £150ish upwards

Thanks all.
    I've listed the first one in the sales section. Unfortunately the scope rail is damaged. I will see if I get much interest and drop the price a bit if I dont

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....84#post7220384