Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discrimination.

Discrimination.

Local gun shop has only three Pensioners at a time rule.
    This trend might come to your favourite toy shops!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    If we're talking about TALARMS then they've always been a bit weird or is it the funny little one in Tuckton which you can only get 3 people in at a time anyway?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I think you'll find that more than three pensioners at a time and it becomes classed as a friendly club outing.

All the best Mick

The "Funny Little One" in Tuckton is no more, the owner Gilly Howe sadly died last year.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Lol .. a bit like the old one about IKEA - they advertised in the press and handed out leaflets to anyone with a beard at the new opening of a branch and said NO ENTRY to anyone with a beard ....Lol - some people actually believed it , Like me .

Three pensioners at a time is pushing it a bit. The risk and consequences of heart attacks, falls, strokes...let alone the impact of emergency services response times is too much a risk - maybe one at a time is more manageable? Being a pensioner, and memory fading, it causes great inconvenience when entering pin numbers that are forgotten or miss-typed, resulting in the bank/card account being suspended and no transaction, this leads to impatience and anger in the queue of the youngsters waiting to be served and the shopkeeper going ballistic, with further risk of heart attack and loss of a good business.....

Power to the boingers.....
    Last edited by SRV1; 17-03-2017 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Spelling

Oi! I became an official drain on the economy on the 15th. I will still sneak into gun shops if I want...
    Try everything in life except incest & morris dancing - Guy Warrack (1900-86). Ah well, that just leaves incest...

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    The "Funny Little One" in Tuckton is no more, the owner Gilly Howe sadly died last year.
    That's a shame, I always found him very helpful, if you could get in the place, he always had something a bit different in the window.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    That's a shame, I always wanted to visit his shop. Apparently he was a very interesting chap .....I did hear a story about him and was it Paddy Ashdown ?.......
    Last edited by silva; 17-03-2017 at 09:43 PM.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

It's called "The last of the summer wine rule"

oap

Superglue his locks ,door locks not the other ...locks ,that'll keep him busy for a while then the oaps and watch and gloat keep them busy for a while, while they wait for the Paramedics.

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    That's a shame, I always wanted to visit his shop. Apparently he was a very interesting chap .....I did hear a story about him and was it Paddy Ashdown ?.......
    Gilly was a top bloke with a very interesting life history. A real been there, done that guy. To say he was the elite of the elite would not be far off the mark.

I think there should be a 1 or no pensioner rule....drives me bloody mad.
    ....can be a nightmare when one is in....too much time on their hands, long tales to tell and 20 questions....purchasing a tin of pellets at knibbs the other day i had to butt in or could of been there my whole lunch hr...
    Maybe have special pensioner days that can be avoided.....or increased rates for pensioners..

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    Yep, it was Paddy Ashdown, I believe Gilly and his unit led or rescued him from a bad situation in the Malaysian jungle a while back. As you say, very interesting guy, apparently the most highly decorated soldier since WW2, shooting medals he called them.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Used to sit in his lounge hearing some interesting stories. One time he worked as undercover security on cruise ships masquerading as a rich businessman dining with his wife at the captains table.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 20-03-2017 at 10:09 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD