Thread: Diana model 100 side lever 10 mtr rifle advice please

Diana model 100 side lever 10 mtr rifle advice please

I've been offered a Diana 100 side lever 10 Mtr rifle which to me, from a few pictures and a verbal description, looks to be about 8 out of 10 condition but it has no rear diopter sight. I have no pictures to show and I haven't seen the gun in person yet but I could use some help with a 'Ball Park' price guide as these Diana's seem to be quite rare and don't come up for sale too often so I have nothing to base an offer on. I would like to add this gun to my collection of 10 Mtr rifles so any price help appreciated. Thanks.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    I've been offered a Diana 100 side lever 10 Mtr rifle which to me, from a few pictures and a verbal description, looks to be about 8 out of 10 condition but it has no rear diopter sight. I have no pictures to show and I haven't seen the gun in person yet but I could use some help with a 'Ball Park' price guide as these Diana's seem to be quite rare and don't come up for sale too often so I have nothing to base an offer on. I would like to add this gun to my collection of 10 Mtr rifles so any price help appreciated. Thanks.
    In that condition and without the rear diopter it might sell for about 200-320 euros on eGun.de? A good and complete later (stainless cylinder visible, not blued shroud) model might go for over 400 euros? They do come up IME, although much less often than the popular FWB/Anschutz rifles, obviously.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I would not argue with any of that. On the down side, I think you would struggle for spares for the 100 now. It is my understanding that very little is available.

Spare parts for the Model 100 are almost extinct .

I had a mk1 and a mk2 version of the Model 100 and regret selling them as they both shot so well but I was always worried about the lack of spare parts.

When I spoke to the factory about the Model 100 they had no information at all to offer - no pictures - no spare parts drawings - absolutely nothing at all.........and most definitely no spare parts. It was as if the model never existed!

The Model 100 also had it own unique rear diopter sight that had the Model 100 name cast into it, so as a collectors model it would be very important that it had this correct sight on it.

Other diopter sights can be fitted so he rifle could be used if desired, but none would be correct other than the one that was made specifically for the Model 100.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

A Mk1 Diana 100 will have a blued cylinder and the cocking handle is released by sliding the compression cylinder sleeve about 10mm. The Mk2 version has a stainless cylinder and a button on the cocking lever,much like the FWB 6xx series. Both are superb examples of a ssp 10m match rifle.

The rear sights as already mentioned by Bob are unique and specific to the Model 100. The chances of finding the correct rear sight are very very slim.

The rifles are extremely well made. The only other issue other than seals is the cocking linkage cogs which can end up with broken teeth, if the owner does not fully complete the opening stroke and trys to return the arm with some force and shears a cog or two.

Seals used in the Diana 100 are FWB 6xx series in size and all but one can be used to re seal a faulty rifle.

HTH

Forgot to add - The Mk1 and Mk2 rear sights are slightly different, the Mk2 having a larger light tube

None of this actually helps with a price though

Thanks for all replies.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.