Thread: Help on Brocock grandprix pistol

terry is offline This is not the Terry you are looking for....

Help on Brocock grandprix pistol

I purchased the above off the forum . I recently had it chronographed this Wednesday in fact . It's had a new seal where you fill up . It's in .22 , I'm shooting .22accupell these were chronographed at 3.1 foot lbs . I think the pistol should be able to do 5ft lbs as stated by Brocock . I tried to ring them but to no availe for general public . I've been online . I need to know where I can get a exploded diagram for this pistol . It's a single shot and not the new magazine ones . It's not the Pistol where you can turn the screw at the back to adjust the power . Any help please . All I can do is ask you. Chaps . Many thanks if answered . Regards terry

It may be missing the small o-ring at the back of the barrel. If it's ever been fired with the bolt open by accident the ring might have flown out. They can be very tricky to install owing to the tricky recessed loction and the way the 2mm x 6mm ring wants to fold and go down the bore. I use a dowel in mine, slightly smaller then the bore, the flat end polished smooth, then a smaller dowel to push the ring into place. A small Allen key can be useful. Without that ring a lot of air will escape backwards - you can test this with a tissue lain across the breech while firing. If it flies up the ring is missing.