Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
Hi, a club member had a BSA Club in .177 a while ago, it had a shorter cylinder than a normal Airsporter, stock made from 3 bits of wood, it was a lovely thing, and I have had the hankering for one since as I do like the more compact rifles.

I would like to know more about them, how rare are the short cylinder ones, and how much should I look to pay for a nice usable example?

Thanks!
I have a BSA Club with the E prefix. It has the shorter compression chamber and the shell shaped latch. I think I paid about £280 for it about three years ago. I had it serviced by SFS and it shoots OK although the sights lend themselves only to average accuracy. It was not in good condition when I got it ie. no blueing and the stock had definitely seen better days

I also have one with an EC prefix which is indistinguishable in looks from an Airsporter. It had been refurbished and looks very smart but I believe purist collectors don't go for these as the "BSA" marks on the top have been over blued. This one shoots really well.