Thread: US 1936 Print Ad for Haenel 28-R

US 1936 Print Ad for Haenel 28-R

First detailed print ad I have seen for the Haenel 28-R, done by Johnson Smith & Co. from a 1936 publication. Never heard of them. Interesting that the ad is for the Haenel 26 and 28-R but leaves out the regular 28? Interesting read.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...psvbyabz55.jpg

" The Johnson Smith Company™ is one of America’s oldest catalogs companies. The company was officially founded in the U.S.A. in 1914, when Mr. Smith shipped his first package from Chicago." Large mail order Catalog.
    Last edited by 45flint; 18-03-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    First detailed print ad I have seen for the Haenel 28-R, done by Johnson Smith & Co. from a 1936 publication. Never heard of them. Interesting that the ad is for the Haenel 26 and 28-R but leaves out the regular 28? Interesting read.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...psvbyabz55.jpg

" The Johnson Smith Company™ is one of America’s oldest catalogs companies. The company was officially founded in the U.S.A. in 1914, when Mr. Smith shipped his first package from Chicago." Large mail order Catalog.
    But it seems to be the regular 28 pictured?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    But it seems to be the regular 28 pictured?
    Yep, I liked the part about selected imitation walnut grips as well? It is the "finest air pistol made without exception" I'm sure a shock to you Webley guys. Lol. Marketing hasn't changed.
    Last edited by 45flint; 19-03-2017 at 10:40 AM.