Thread: My eyesight aint what it used to be

My eyesight aint what it used to be

I wear specs and I will soon need an eyesight test. I wear varifocals (3 "seamless" lenses, close, medium and distance) and was wondering if it would be worth having a pair of specs just for shooting. So the question is which lens should I ask for for shooting? I wondered whether the close range lens might be better for a scope, or just the standard distance lens?
    Old age is mandatory, growing up is optional.

A good optician can sort it out for you if you explain what you want.

Ora

Paul .177 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by airgun nut
    I wear specs and I will soon need an eyesight test. I wear varifocals (3 "seamless" lenses, close, medium and distance) and was wondering if it would be worth having a pair of specs just for shooting. So the question is which lens should I ask for for shooting? I wondered whether the close range lens might be better for a scope, or just the standard distance lens?

I'm short sighted but use the scope without glasses.
    I find that if I wear glasses when using the scope then the view tends to become slightly eliptical, I guess its the glasses not being completely square to the lens on the scope.

I also have varifocals but use standard distance glasses for shooting, likewise driving, when needed so that I can find the targets in the distance
    I just hang them off my shirt and use only if required.

I wear vari lenses normaly and found they were no good for scope use. I just ordered a set of single focus std lenses and problem cured. If you want cheep top class glasses check out glassesdirect on the net. Half frame with lenses £35.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by BarryB
    I wear vari lenses normaly and found they were no good for scope use. I just ordered a set of single focus std lenses and problem cured. If you want cheep top class glasses check out glassesdirect on the net. Half frame with lenses £35.

Barry
    Yup, thats where I go! Just had a special offer come through the post this morning.
    Old age is mandatory, growing up is optional.

5thplaceron Guest
    I have been thinking of getting cross hairs engraved on mine to line up with the scope ones,but at £5.99 a pair,it's a bit pricy if I mess em up,Ron.