Thread: Collectable sales pamphlets

Collectable sales pamphlets

I finally picked these up today, was offered them weeks ago.
    Interesting old sales hand outs, Mk1 & 2 Meteor, Mk 2 Airsporter, Webley Mk3 & Super target.

Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    They are FANTASTIC! Thanks for sharing. Any more?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

How to Preserve them

Those are nice finds and seem to be fairly rare in the UK. Pretty sure I have all of these, thanks to the efforts of another collector who traveled to Europe on a regular basis and even wrote letters to manufacturers and distributors looking for the odd paper find.

To keep these around, it's best to preserve them by using heavy duty clear sheet protectors. searching amazon UK I found these: Herlitz A4 Open Transparent Punched Pocket. Then put them in a good quality binder - best to find a brand that advertising "archival quality" for both the protectors and binder. Doing this simple step will make it more certain that these will survive, with vivid color, for many decades to come. Hint: don't go with the cheap lightweight protectors. Only the heavy duty ones really do the job.

Bsa

Its interesting to see how similar the BSA air gun advertising was to that of their motorcycles, very much of its age.

Nice to see some of the older foldable advertising literature in such good condition.
    As DTF says above, good quality punched pockets and a good folder are the best way of preserving the appearance for many years to come.

I'll store them like that but I had thought of framing some to hang but the daylight will eventually ruin them I expect.
    Steve

I've had Good deals & great info from many in this forum.

solution

do scans and have them framed.Trev

cinedux.com

Quote Originally Posted by stevegv8 View Post
    I'll store them like that but I had thought of framing some to hang but the daylight will eventually ruin them I expect.
    As long as the framing is done to professional standards with archival quality materials, I see no problem with framing. Just avoid direct sunlight. Your materials are nice but not that rare such that they need be kept out of sight.

Most of my leaflets/brochures date from the 50's when as a lad I took an interest in such things although I was simply a shooter rather than a collector. Mine are stored away from bright light in a box file and they are remarkably well preserved for being almost sixty years old.