Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bull pups ?

Try before you buy, I really wanted a bullpup, I went down the conversion route, as much as I wanted to love it I just didn't, just last week after 2 years of persiverance, I turned it back into a full length rifle.

I think the looks are a matter of taste. That's my one in sales. They're just a standard Rainstorm in a 'Dexion' cover but it is a hoot to shoot. I stated on the sales section that I bought it for my lad but I think it was more of a case of me trying to relive my sa80 days. Still it does make you feel like a Stormtrooper when you pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Needabiggertarg View Post
    Don't discount the Evanix Rainstorm 3D bullpup Once you,be got it sorted i.e. Trigger adjusted correctly and the right pellet choice, it's great little rifle and shoots as well as my other rifle a hw100.
    Awful mags....

I have a Gladius in .177. The weight isn't an issue becuase it shoulders so far back it actually balances extremely well. Super accurate, fully shrouded so no mod needed, four magazines and a fully adjustable stock. When the warranty expires on mine I will regulate it to improve shotcount, not really a problem because I can't carry 100 rabbits.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Also just to point out the compatto isn't really a bullpup. On paper the compatto at 34" without a mod is actually 2" longer than my BSA Ultra SE.

Maybe look at an Ultra too then!
    BASC Member

If it's a size thing then you may want to give the Compatto a miss. If you want a reasonably priced, very accurate, compact (not short) rifle then DO consider the Compatto. You may read accounts of problems with lower serial numbers but you will also read of Brocock's attention to rectifying these and the satisfaction of those who 'kept the faith'. My .177 version is a joy to shoot and took quite a few rabbits last year and more to come this year.
    To add to your confusion I can also vouch for the FX Wildcat which is my 'go to' gun. In .22 it's (near) certain death to anything out to 40 yards with JSBs. It's cost is a factor against being nearly twice the price of the Brocock but it's slick to use, cool to look at, quiet without a moddy and sooooo accurate with it's Smoothtwist barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    Awful mags....
    Nah. You've just got to get the right pellets. When I first got the rifle I tried to put hn ft through it jammed every third shot then spoke to the guy down at Emit and Stone in Marlow and it turns out the Evanix rifles only work with diabolised with a flat internal base. After that kissers in the mag and no problem what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Needabiggertarg View Post
    Nah. You've just got to get the right pellets. When I first got the rifle I tried to put hn ft through it jammed every third shot then spoke to the guy down at Emit and Stone in Marlow and it turns out the Evanix rifles only work with diabolised with a flat internal base. After that kissers in the mag and no problem what so ever.
    Nah, awful mags, thats why I tested the upgrades for the guy at AC guns.... sorry to dissappoint you but I do have some experience.

No gun should need aftermarket mags to make it work flawlessly.

if you are after a compatto, get over to Neath gunshop. They had a S/H Compatto scoped, excellent condition £425, also has a new Bantam for £625, and S/H Wildcat £800.

just put my mates in the sales section

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....62#post7223562

MODS. please remove if not ok
    paul

A friend of mine bought a Hatsan Gladius FAC in .22, it was a disaster! Heavy, bulky, noisy and the 30 ft. pound figure soon dropped like a stone. He sent it back to the importer who simply increased the output to about 32 ft. pounds and this started to fall within a few dozen shots. He took it back to the dealer and part exchanged it for an FX Wildcat FAC just like mine! We are both very happy with our rifles, mine is certainly a keeper.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    A friend of mine bought a Hatsan Gladius FAC in .22, it was a disaster! Heavy, bulky, noisy and the 30 ft. pound figure soon dropped like a stone. He sent it back to the importer who simply increased the output to about 32 ft. pounds and this started to fall within a few dozen shots. He took it back to the dealer and part exchanged it for an FX Wildcat FAC just like mine! We are both very happy with our rifles, mine is certainly a keeper.

Chris
    I have the Galatian on ticket and its fine. 36 shots at 32ftlb is fine, how many do you want from a 200bar cylinder?
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Bullpup

I've have the Daystate Pulsar dammed expensive but a good all round Bullpup, used to have the Kral Bullpup a nice cheap Bullpup it did the job well top marks for Rat work.

My main go too Bullpup is my JKhan very good used all the time these days I've never had a problem with it at all. The Pulsar went back to Daystate on day two of ownership and yes it leaked air three returns later its spot on.

If I had to chose between the three I'd go for the JKhan well made solid and reliable. Its also not that expensive to buy top tip if you get one clean the barrel mine was minging.

I've borrowed the Air Arms pup nice rifle but some thing in my little brain said walk away so I did.

I've tried the Hatsan pup again nice pup very accurate but my lord it's heavy so a no from me.

All I can say is try before you buy I made that mistake with the Evanix stable of pups I had the Rainstorm and what a storm it was it leaked lair like a a flat tire rattled like mad not accurate at all. I was sick and tired of the thing going back almost monthly to be fixed I ended up selling it on Free adds for pocket money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    I have the Galatian on ticket and its fine. 36 shots at 32ftlb is fine, how many do you want from a 200bar cylinder?
    Oops! The word `dozen' should not be in that place! We checked the output on the chrono and saw a very steep dive, most of the air was gone after about a dozen shots. Obviously a fault which had not been sorted when it was returned.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Chris

I have to eat my word and say that a couple of weeks ago I handled an AA Galahad and it really was not bad at all. Quite a solid and heavy gun but well balanced and quick to the shoulder, the scope mounted on it was too much and too long but as awhole quite a nice gun, so something to consider along the usual FXs.

A.G