Thread: Theoben evolution. barrel change

Theoben evolution. barrel change

Hi.

I have the above rifle in .22. was thinking of going to .177 with it.

question is , would I have to pump the ram up higher than in .22 guise and would it make the rifle shoot harsher?

paul

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Hi.

I have the above rifle in .22. was thinking of going to .177 with it.

question is , would I have to pump the ram up higher than in .22 guise and would it make the rifle shoot harsher?

paul
    I found mine was better to shoot with the .177 barrel swap and no pumping required. I have the carbine .22 at 7 or 8 inches i think and direct swapped with a 10.5 inch .177.
    The shot cycle was sweeter and it was smoother. It's a great match to be honest, not having to do anything but change barrel which is a 10min job.
    My rifle is set to about 10.5ftlbs in .22 and i think it went up a fraction with the .177 on it.
    I believe if your barrels are the same length this would be a different story, and would be even greater difference in ME if going from a long .22 to a short .177.

Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

not got a tape to hand to measure my barrel. its the evolution one and not the Fenman one.
    I noticed John Budd was looking for a .22 one. if he had the .177 one I may have swapped him if he was into that idea.

cheers Rhys .

paul

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    not got a tape to hand to measure my barrel. its the evolution one and not the Fenman one.
    I noticed John Budd was looking for a .22 one. if he had the .177 one I may have swapped him if he was into that idea.

cheers Rhys .

paul
    Just have a look at the pictures on the net itl be clear which one you have as the carbines at clearly very short, it's likely that the one you have already is 10" if as you say it's an evo one.
    I'd just swap them over and do a crono check see what you got. There is plenty of people on here who can pump you up if needed lol. Or alternatively just leave it low power if your not bothered, Mine shot lovely at 7.5ftlbs when i first bought the rifle but being .22 then the tragetory was a bit rubbish. I'd bet that a 10ftlbs .177 10" barrel will be very sweet to shoot

Cheers
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Thanks again for the reply. I got a brand new pump with the rifle. Basically everything to run it and service it less the new seals

It's 13 years old I reckon. Still holding pressure. Only had it out once in 6 months.

Will try it next Saturday I hope and see what it's like.

I changed the scope as the one fitted creeped along the rails and I did not have an Allen key with me to tighten to see if I needed to buy a one piece mount.
    Lucky I had my .22lr with me so it was not a wasted day.

No vehicle as I don't drive so had to carry both rifles.

Thanks again Rhys

Paul