Thread: Walther LP53

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    That's lucky, cos my barrel is in the anodising shop tomorrow!

I used a cut down HW30 spring with a tiny top hat and over sleeved guide over the existing unit. It worked well, but I have a few more spring combo's to try when its all back together. I want the smoothest possible 420fps for clean cut holes in paper targets.
    You can use a Cometa 50 or as you say a HW30 spring ground flat at each end and then polished to a glass finish with 600 grade.
    Using 17 coils, i am able to use a combination of 16mm long top hat slide fit in the spring with 3mm shoulder ... barely more than 0.05mm clearance inside the 19.0 mm internal dia. of the piston ...or 18.85 mm.
    The guide rod simply needs to be long enough to support the full lenght of the spring which is left outside the piston when the gun is fired.
    Forget the idea of the Proteks kit of having a ver tight fit.....it robs far too much power and my nice sliding fits work with no vibration whatsoever but fully release the springs potential.
    Work on 0.1mm of clearance over the existing guide for a nice slip or spinning fit with no play...
    I used black delrin as white can be seen looking in through the grip slot.
    I found that my stainless guides gave good recoil damping though....due to the weight but the top hat in stainless definately a little more slam...
    You will definately run more than 420 fps with thos type of set up though...

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I have mentioned before, but I can't use black plastics due to arachnophobia.

Still, thanks for the advice on making spring guides, I'll take that into account. Maybe try a softer spring such as the HW45 if the 30 gives too much oomph?
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I have mentioned before, but I can't use black plastics due to arachnophobia.

Still, thanks for the advice on making spring guides, I'll take that into account. Maybe try a softer spring such as the HW45 if the 30 gives too much oomph?
    Im not sure on the 45 spring....i believe it does fit a HW30 but the Cometa spring had been tried and tested.
    USe Tony Walls SL2 grease for lube . I have shot 1/2 inch groups with this set up ..Trouncing anyones effort with a 45 or any other recoiling springer pistol for that matter.