Thread: Walther LP53

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Spring results for Tinbum

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    That's lucky, cos my barrel is in the anodising shop tomorrow!

I used a cut down HW30 spring with a tiny top hat and over sleeved guide over the existing unit. It worked well, but I have a few more spring combo's to try when its all back together. I want the smoothest possible 420fps for clean cut holes in paper targets.
    I have run a few chrony shots for you with the springs i have with my Delrin/Stainless guides/Tophats

Protek power pod spring and their own nylon guide and their 12.5 gram weight. 438 fps Avg.
    (I suppose within 15 fps of the mentioned 455 fps in the AGW article and pellet dependent ....fair enough)

Protek spring but with the crap Nylon guide chucked out (way too short and tight) replaced with my own precision stainless steel slide fitting guide and 18 gram top hat and 2mm increased pre load 487 fps
    Most power set up.

P18 Konceptus spring and resized version of above stainless guide and top hat (16.8 Grams)
    462 fps
    This is a slightly weaker but longer spring than the Proteks spring but very well made and finished for very little cost.

P18 spring but precision slide fit Delrin guide and small location top hat 435 fps
    Most accurate set up.

Proteks spring but using delrin guide and top hat as above ...im working on it ...

All shots based on 3 shot string avg with Falcon pellets...
    Last edited by clarky; 29-03-2017 at 08:18 PM.