Thread: HW45 Beech seal.

HW45 Beech seal.

Hi, I recently bought a Weihrauch HW45. Really great pistol. Quite an early one as the serial number is 350948. My question is about the breech/barrel seal. Do all HW 45s have the same size breech seal? All the regular parts suppliers state there is only one seal and it hasn't changed. But my gun has a smaller seal. The recess it sits in is smaller than the 2 more modern guns I've compared it to, only by about a mm, but its enough to stop the std seal fitting. Has any one else come across this problem on a HW45. Thanks John.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

Yes, you are right. The older HW45 has a smaller breech seal. I have the exact size written down somewhere. I'm sure some one on here will know where to buy them from.

HW45 seal

Thanks Derekj, thought that was the case, just strange how the 2 main spares suppliers in this country are unaware there are differences, and assured me they had only ever supplied one size seal for all ages and calibres of HW45. Got a correct sized seal now. Thanks Vic at Protek. John.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!