Thread: Slightly random question: HW triggers.

Slightly random question: HW triggers.

When did the trigger blade change from silver to gold?

...and why?

I kind of prefer silver, but I've never been into gold stuff anyway.

Rob.

Only certain HW models get the gold trigger Rob.

I don't know why, because bought as a spare part, they're both the same price.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The silver ones are for gibbons, while the gold ones are for howlers. Howlers are just a little bit tacky in their tastes.

Actual humans buy the lovely ones from Rowan Engineering and live happily ever after.

http://www.rowanengineering.com/products8.htm#hwsetback

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Only certain HW models get the gold trigger Rob.

I don't know why, because bought as a spare part, they're both the same price.
    Do they? I thought it was an age thing.

Makes even less sense now.

What are Weihrauch trying to say eh? Does gold induct you into a super-secret club that no-one knows about?

Rob.

Yes they do! Two 'goldies' off the top of my head are the '95 Luxus and the '97K.

We likes gold in Wales. And wearing hats on a Sunday.

Ouch, Alistair. I'm not paying 35 quid (plus post) for a flipping trigger blade.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Yes they do! Two 'goldies' off the top of my head are the '95 Luxus and the '97K.

We likes gold in Wales. And wearing hats on a Sunday.

Ouch, Alistair. I'm not paying 35 quid
    (plus post) for a flipping trigger blade.
    They are DEFINITELY worth it. And look you, it's named after a tree that decorates the Welsh hills in a most pleasing manner, so its sort of patriotic. They are good on a 95 or 97, excellent on a 77 or 80 and a bleedin' necessity on an HW35 Export.

However they are not the most set-back trigger for an HW. That prize goes to mally, whose Runcorn-built set-back trigger is a wonder to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    They are DEFINITELY worth it. And look you, it's named after a tree that decorates the Welsh hills in a most pleasing manner, so its sort of patriotic. They are good on a 95 or 97, excellent on a 77 or 80 and a bleedin' necessity on an HW35 Export.

However they are not the most set-back trigger for an HW. That prize goes to mally, whose Runcorn-built set-back trigger is a wonder to be seen.
    Even I know there is no such tree as a 'trigger tree'.

35 bloody pound???

I'd rather make one from a bit of straight-grained walnut (which by the way is an example of a tree), making the hardened steel rollers (2) from the shank of a cheap 2 or 3mm drill bit, and glued in the trigger... that's a bloody good idea actually. I don't know why nobody's done it before... and it'd be nice and warm on the trigger finger.

Vinegar and fine sand paper are good friends:

http://barx.org/diverse/weihrauch_hw_97_k_04.jpg