Thread: removing air cylinder

removing air cylinder

how can I remove air from cylinder on bsa scorpion , I cannot dry fire, as its not working, there is no pressure gauge either.
    thanks steve

removing air cylinder

If you're not sure about it best to leave it to a gunsmith competent with pcps.John bowkett is who I'd recommend. You can release the air by stripping the hammer & trigger mech off then hitting the end of firing valve with a punch & hammer a few hundred times.....Or if it's still under warrenty & not been tampered with send it back to bsa to fix.

Oh gosh that's an extremely sticking situation to be in. What ever you do, be careful. There is a heck of pressure on there, even if it's "low" on air.

I try many things (not what your thinking! ) but I would leave that to someone who knows what they are doing.
    BASC Member

Instead of "hitting the end of firing valve with a punch & hammer a few hundred times." perhaps you could use one clamp (with enough lenght), one tip at end of the cylinder, and the other tip on the punch and turn until the valve open to vent the cylinder.
    That's only an idea...

Give it to a qualified technician. Even a mere 50 bar of pressure released suddenly is able to do serious damage to a human being.

A.G

scorpion

managed to cut an allen key down and push against the ball bearing , messed oring up but did the trick with no danger

i did my s200 and s400 by putting them on a stirrup pump and they bled out.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.