Thread: Blackburn rifle and pistol club

Blackburn rifle and pistol club

Hey all knowing that there are some locals on this forum just curious does anybody here shoot at this club as ill be joining pretty soon to shoot my air and rimfire rifles
    Atb
    Nath
    Going down this saturday to introduce myself and show my face to a chap whom i spoke with on the phone

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

I shoot at Blackburn

A good club, I usually shoot on Tuesday mornings. If you've any questions just drop me a line.

Quote Originally Posted by nath92 View Post
    Hey all knowing that there are some locals on this forum just curious does anybody here shoot at this club as ill be joining pretty soon to shoot my air and rimfire rifles
    Atb
    Nath
    Going down this saturday to introduce myself and show my face to a chap whom i spoke with on the phone
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

Blackburn club

personally i prefer burnley rifle club seems alot more friendly, when they but the visitors fee up to £10 at Blackburn stopped going

Quote Originally Posted by lilguy43uk View Post
    A good club, I usually shoot on Tuesday mornings. If you've any questions just drop me a line.
    I will many thanks

Nath

I was a member last year but let my membership lapse. As im not into rimmys I found Rivington (Horwich) and Rochdale more suitable for my (special) needs.
    Ive visited Burnley and yes I agree they are a very friendly bunch - those steps are a Killer.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Atb
    Nath
    When I visited several years ago they were a friendly and very accommodating bunch.
    However , for airgun shooting alone, you will have to go a long way to beat Blackburn Outdoor Airgun Club .
    ( follow link in my signature )
    Well , at least as far as Rivington ...... thought I'd say it before I.J

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    When I visited several years ago they were a friendly and very accommodating bunch.
    However , for airgun shooting alone, you will have to go a long way to beat Blackburn Outdoor Airgun Club .
    ( follow link in my signature )
    Well , at least as far as Rivington ...... thought I'd say it before I.J
    Hi mate i like the sound of a dedicated airgun club too , are you a member of the one you mention

Hi mate i like the sound of a dedicated airgun club too , are you a member of the one you mention
    Indeed I am .
    A committee member too
    The Events Co-Ordinator no less.
    Follow the link in my signature for all the details you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Indeed I am .
    A committee member too
    The Events Co-Ordinator no less.
    Follow the link in my signature for all the details you need.
    Even I have to admit I think you would be better off with a dedicated airgun club.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Even I have to admit I think you would be better off with a dedicated airgun club.

ATB
    Ian
    And there are several to choose from locally.
    A quick google search for Airgun clubs in Lancashire will provide you with all you need , both indoor and outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by davewh100 View Post
    personally i prefer burnley rifle club seems alot more friendly, when they but the visitors fee up to £10 at Blackburn stopped going
    The £10 visitor fee applies only if you want to fire 'miniature rifle' and choose not to be a club member. Apply for membership and subsequent visits are only £2.50.

Quite a few BPRC members belong to other clubs including Burnley, Rossendale Fusiliers etc. I've found the club to be very accomodating whether you are an airgunner or rimfirer.

Thanks all for your input , looking forward to my visit tomorrow now , i shall report back

Atb
    Nath

To sumarise i had a brilliant morning today at this club , was shown around by terry , very helpful man had a chat with a couple more of the guys who run it and met a few members friendly place and a nice setup filling in membership application as i type roll on next saturday
    Atb
    Thanks all and thanks to the blackburn rifle and pistol club

Nath

best thing nath try them all, see which suits you best,
    ballkeeper

I intend of having a venture out aswell nice change shooting at a club than laying in a field lol dont get me wrong i love laying in a field haha bit nice alternative

Atb
    Nath