Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any idea how many licences have been issued in Scotland

Well funny you should ask

.....yes I did ( try ) as you were adamant I should .
    If I am going to pay any ' club ' £££ for membership I really would like to see how /what they did .
    Thought a good place to start would be the so called Airgunning Department , only when I rang the number - same number for the Reception as the dedicated Airgunning Department ...the Receptionist clearly was caught off guard . Very nice lady but a case of 'who to ring - who to ring ' .
    I got a very real sense that nobody had actually told her there was in fact a dedicated Airgunning Dept .

I am actually looking at the BASC website now and see lots of people listed in the Airgunning Department ...but nobody was to hand ????
    Something SERIOUSLY wrong there .

And noted that unlike other dedicated departments , the people shown all work in OTHER areas within BASC .
    Again , something SERIO.......why am I repeating myself !!

Again , my expectations were not met .

I'll look elsewhere for my insurance .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    .....yes I did ( try ) as you were adamant I should .
    If I am going to pay any ' club ' £££ for membership I really would like to see how /what they did .
    Thought a good place to start would be the so called Airgunning Department , only when I rang the number - same number for the Reception as the dedicated Airgunning Department ...the Receptionist clearly was caught off guard . Very nice lady but a case of 'who to ring - who to ring ' .
    I got a very real sense that nobody had actually told her there was in fact a dedicated Airgunning Dept .

I am actually looking at the BASC website now and see lots of people listed in the Airgunning Department ...but nobody was to hand ????
    Something SERIOUSLY wrong there .

And noted that unlike other dedicated departments , the people shown all work in OTHER areas within BASC .
    Again , something SERIO.......why am I repeating myself !!

Again , my expectations were not met .

I'll look elsewhere for my insurance .
    then try David @Basc on this forum.

try SAC,s

as I said before ,the Scottish Government was pushing this through no matter what proof that any one showed them that is was an ill thought out scheme.

have you read this ?http://firearmsuk.org/no-to-airgun-l...g-in-scotland/

plenty there. although some BASC links dong work or have been moved.

how can you tell some one who wont listen ?

Devolution
    Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill, SMP for the SNP has led the push to licence low powered airguns in Scotland for some years, but until 2012 when control over airguns were devolved to the Scottish Government, he did not have the means to impact legislation which until then was managed by the Home Office. With the means at his disposal he then announced a new consultation on what an airgun licence should cover. In an insult to the democratic process the principle of licencing was never consulted upon, with MacAskill saying “this will happen

As many will be aware the public consultation on this proposal received an overwhelming majority of 87% of responses against airgun licencing. In addition to the consultation a campaign and online petition which has so far achieved 22,500 signatures was presented to the Scottish Parliament’s Public Petitions Committee. Several issues were raised regarding the proposal especially with regards to cost. These issues were put to Kenny MacAskill who simply brushed them aside without offering any evidence to support his counter claims.
    The Regulatory Review Group has stated that impact assessments were not carried out, the Association of Scottish Police Superintendents also voiced concerns regarding the cost.
    All of the above have been ignored by the Scottish Government.
    that proves they were not going to listen to reasoning.
    Last edited by bighit; 15-04-2017 at 05:23 PM.