Thread: Diana BULLSEYE ZR Mount.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Diana BULLSEYE ZR Mount.

Today I replaced a Dampa mount with the above scope mount in unison with a Simmons Pro Air 4-12x40AO on my Diana Airking !
    This afternoon I spent time "getting used to it" on my local indoor range, bench rested out to a distance of 33 yards.
    So far the results are very encouraging using JSB Express 4.52's
    5 shot groups have tightened up from 10mm approx, to 5mm "one hole ragged" groups and with a little more lead put through the gun these may improve even further !

Must say, as with most German products, its exremely well made and well packaged as befitting of Diana products, OK not cheap (about the same as a Dampa mount) but in general you get what what you pay for.

Its natural to have doubts about any new piece of kit but this "sliding" anti recoil mount appears to do "what it says on the tin", so I'm quite impressed and I would imagine it would perform well on a TX200SR or any Sliding Sledge type air rifle !
    “An airgun or two”………

Nice to hear. I've got one on order with my 340 N-TEC, whenever Diana deems fit to send the shipment to the UK.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Where did you get it from BR?

Did you see that I finally got the 54 out on the range? Posted on the other thread
    Good deals with these members

I'd love to know who they have at Diana who keeps coming up with these interesting, innovative idea's.
    However I have had a Sports Match 1 piece double clamp mount fitted to my TX200SR since 1993 with a big Simmons scope on top with no problems at all. But maybe the ZR mount would come into its own when taming the sledge action on an FAC model 54.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    But maybe the ZR mount would come into its own when taming the sledge action on an FAC model 54.
    Agreed, it's not really needed IMHO on a 12Fp sledge gun (unless it's horribly setup / untuned / weirdly restricted ) but an FAC sledge action will be quite punishing on a scope...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Where did you get it from BR?

Did you see that I finally got the 54 out on the range? Posted on the other thread
    Amazon !

Yes, very interesting, glad you rate it ! Cant remember if you stated what scope and mounts you used ?

I tried RWS .177 Superdomes and Superpoints today, both didn't match the JSB Express 4.52's. I've yet to try RS yet but will next week.
    Someone gave me a handfull of AADF Express 4.52 same weight but they wearnt quite as accurate as the JSB Express 4.52's. On close examination, we found that the JSB skirts seemed to be just a tads harder when lightly squeezed between finger and thumb and did not deform as much so maybe this is the difference ?

Addendum;
    Just re-read your last post on your Airking thread.
    Saw you had issues with the "slide-back" on shooting in relation to the eyebell ? I was mindfull of this when setting up the scopes so I didnt have any issues with it.
    The Bullseye mount is if anything slightly higher than the Dampa mount so my Pro Air stands well proud of the cylinder but it does not detract from the appearance. In fact the mount would cope with a 50mm objective scope !
    Last edited by Blackrider; 21-03-2017 at 07:51 PM.
    “An airgun or two”………

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Amazon !

Yes, very interesting, glad you rate it ! Cant remember if you stated what scope and mounts you used ?

Addendum;
    Just re-read your last post on your Airking thread.
    Saw you had issues with the "slide-back" on shooting in relation to the eyebell ? I was mindfull of this when setting up the scopes so I didnt have any issues with it.
    The Bullseye mount is if anything slightly higher than the Dampa mount so my Pro Air stands well proud of the cylinder but it does not detract from the appearance. In fact the mount would cope with a 50mm objective scope !
    I'll have a look see on Amazon later then, thanks

I'm using a dampamount with a 3-12 x 56mm AO Hawke scope (can't remember which model exactly) with just a few mm clearance between the objective and the cylinder body. The issue was not so much the scope moving in the mount, or even coming dangerously close to my eye - it was just an involuntary reflex at having the eyebell shoot back towards me! As I said though, it was easy to get used to.
    Good deals with these members

Can you comment on the scope mounting height with the ZR?

Some reports have it that the mount is only suitable for scopes with a very shallow (or no-existant) under saddle (By 'saddle', I mean the centrally placed Vertical & Horizontal adjustment protusion on a scope).

(Anything you say will be copied down and reported on The DWC )

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Today I replaced a Dampa mount with the above scope mount in unison with a Simmons Pro Air 4-12x40AO on my Diana Airking !
    This afternoon I spent time "getting used to it" on my local indoor range, bench rested out to a distance of 33 yards.
    So far the results are very encouraging using JSB Express 4.52's
    5 shot groups have tightened up from 10mm approx, to 5mm "one hole ragged" groups and with a little more lead put through the gun these may improve even further !
    Having seen this lovely combination and target card earlier today, I can verify the above.

John, the tiniest of the groups must measure no more than 5.5 to 6mm edge to edge?

Lovely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Having seen this lovely combination and target card earlier today, I can verify the above.

John, the tiniest of the groups must measure no more than 5.5 to 6mm edge to edge?

Lovely.
    What he said !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by DSidelever View Post
    Some reports have it that the mount is only suitable for scopes with a very shallow (or no-existant) under saddle (By 'saddle', I mean the centrally placed Vertical & Horizontal adjustment protusion on a scope).

(Anything you say will be copied down and reported on The DWC )
    The Pro Air's undersaddle protrudes about 2.5 mm from the main tube which leaves a clearance of 2mm.
    The "worst" example is my MTC Mamba 3-12x44 which had a protrudence of 3 mm but would still have fitted OK. However its feasible some scopes may be have a larger central turret housing and not be suitable with this mount, a point worth checking when considering buying ?
    “An airgun or two”………