Thread: Piston sleeve for a Gamo CF-16

Question Piston sleeve for a Gamo CF-16

Hello,

I'm in the process of renovating a 30+ year old Gamo CF-16. It's the first time I've taken an airgun apart, but all seems to be going OK. I've taken a load of pictures and will start another thread at some point if anyone is interested in seeing the rebuild. However, would appreciate some advice on installing a piston sleeve. The pictures show the piston (minus seal), trigger sear and cocking shoe (still to be sanded & polished).

Cocking Shoe

Piston

There seems to be room for a piston sleeve, with >1mm clearance around the radius of the spring and the piston wall. I've got a sheet of 0.5mm PTFE ready to go. My question is whether it is likely to cause problems with the sleeve covering the cocking slot & what I'm guessing is the hole which the trigger sear engages?

I guess it may be trial and error to see if the cocking shoe rubs against the sleeve.

But I could stop the sleeve short of the end of the piston to leave the final cutout unobstructed.

Any thoughts?

Cheers in advance,
    Richard

Shiny!!!
    In this case I think a sheet of steel would be more appropriate..as you say the cooking arm will chew up the ptfe.
    You can cut the liner full length, it shouldnt interfere with the sear.
    Remember after you cut your zig zaps in the liner, to use a washer between it and the spring.
    Donald

Hi Richard, and welcome to the BBS.

I recently fitted a full sleeve into a Gamo piston, the little leg on the sear shown didn't touch the sleeve so a full sleeve was fitted.

With the design of the Gamo trigger if the leg was held out by the sleeve the trigger wouldn't latch, so giving you an indication that the sleeve needs relieving in the back hole.

All the best Mick

Many thanks for the welcome & the advice, really appreciate it

I'll see if I can track down a steel beer can or pick up something suitable from .

Once it is all back together I'll try and post up some pics of the before and after.

Thanks again!!!

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Use less grease or steel for a sleeve. Shiny though innit?!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Cheers Nick

So shiny you may not even remember it from when it was in your hands last week...