Thread: Northern shooting show today

Northern shooting show today

Enjoyed another day at the show today, no bargains to be had though wasn't wanting anything. Very busy, great to see all aspects of shooting catered for, would like to see different companies being represented. BSA had a great display again, the gamo multi shot break barrel was very different and liked it for that. My son again showed he is a natural with a shotgun despite not shooting one since last time! It's good to see something positive regarding guns. Try go if you can.

Off tomorrow. Thought last years was very good. Didn't happen to see which Airguns were on the try-before-you-but range did you?

Excellent day out

Only sore point was the knobs in camo, who believe that just by stopping in the middle of the aisle you won't see them.!

Adrian
    My wife DOES know how much my rifle cost - she bought it for me! Blaser R8 Success Mono LH with .22lr. .204 Ruger, 6.5 x 55 and .308

Just got back around 4 pm .
    An excellent day out , much bigger than last year.
    Plenty to see and some interesting demos .
    Not many bargains to be had , thought there may be of been more show only offers.
    Everybody catered for from airsoft right through to 50 cal, and airgunners and the tweedies in between .

Just got back myself Good that shows like this exist and are supported !!
    Guy at the door said ours was the Biggest group they had had all day
    Most of our club was there

Enjoyed the day out, well attended. A bit of an eye opener for an old guy who thinks that guns should be made from blued steel and highly polished walnut.
    Nice to have a show like this in the north.
    Mel.

Another great day out a good look around to get info , bigger and better than last year which was very good for a first. We be buying my tickets for next year when they come out. The best thing is 3 miles from my front door.

Quote Originally Posted by adiepie View Post
    Excellent day out

Only sore point was the knobs in camo, who believe that just by stopping in the middle of the aisle you won't see them.!

Adrian
    Was funny my son said there were three types of people, posh folk in tweeds and flat caps, normal folk( like us hopefully) and loons in camo!! There were several manufacturers doing try on the range before you buy, but I refuse to pay to shoot airguns that they are promoting to sell! The basc instructors were amazing with my son, best value thing there ...a lesson and 10 shotgun shots for £15, lasted over 30mins. One tip don't buy lunch inside unless you can get a table first, watching folk trying to eat a full roast dinner standing up wasn't that funny!!!

Thumbs up northen shootig show

good day by all my mates ,better than last year lots more for air gunning than british shooting show.realy good set up now new hall is up and running .looking forward to next year .

I was there Saturday seemed to be a lot of lurcher lads who'd forgotten their dogs and tweeds I like to sneek about in cammo, gun in hand on permission of course. Even old blokes in full cammo (strange). But it was a cracking day spent a few quid and it will only get better.good to see terry doe looking so well.

I heard a rumour the newly synthetic black stocked Weihrauch HW30S were on the Weihrauch stand.

Anyone confirm this and if so what's it look like in the flesh

Been today (Sunday) really enjoyed the event. Got some Bullets from 'ITL reloading' at reasonable cost.

Great day out apart from realising I have put on a bit of timber in the jacket size department!

Great show though and a great venue...really impressed.

No bargains though but some good internet prices which when you consider you can try on or shoulder the wares is quite good.

Highlight of the show?

Venison kebabs!

Hmmmm....probably the reason for my first point!

Bugger missed the venison kebabs, but did get a good deal on a Galahad from Chesire gun room cheers to Alan, also enjoyed shooting the hft masters

Steve