Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley mk 111 Carbine?

Webley mk 111 Carbine?

Did they make a Webley MK 111 carbine?

I have been offered a MK 111 later model with a peep sight and a short barrel with no taper.
    The pistol grip area is also not standard.

Having said that it's a cut and shut I am wondering?

Never heard of one. Must be an "improvement" carried out in someone's shed.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Ooh a sawn off air rifle Definately not made that way.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Still a good'un !

My friend if it works , is not overpower and the conversion has been done well , still a good buy .
    I have a shortened to carbine British springer - no idea why done - damaged muzzle perhaps , or owner just wanted to try something different when in the 90's Carbines seemed to be the new thing , all I know is its fun and usable

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    My friend if it works , is not overpower and the conversion has been done well , still a good buy .
    But only if it is well done, and it is cheap, because it has little to no collector value.

Interesting that between the Edwardian LJ/BSA and the Jackal AR-7/Woodsman and Webley Tracker or the late 70s/early 80s, airgunners got by fine for three-quarters of a century with full length rifles.

Maybe they knew something... (And I say that as someone who owns two springer carbines, a number of shot pump-ups, and rather likes the format.)

As I thought then.
    Don't know why anyone would go to the trouble.

I get a lot of mark 3's in and would love to shorten one as the barrels are far too long and probably hinder the pellet accuracy. If its crowned nicely I say good idea.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    But only if it is well done, and it is cheap, because it has little to no collector value.

Interesting that between the Edwardian LJ/BSA and the Jackal AR-7/Woodsman and Webley Tracker or the late 70s/early 80s, airgunners got by fine for three-quarters of a century with full length rifles.

Maybe they knew something... (And I say that as someone who owns two springer carbines, a number of shot pump-ups, and rather likes the format.)
    When I see new boring airrifles unsold on shop racks at stupidity prices , I'd rather pay the same ( or more ) for a classic , modded to modern if that makes sense .
    Collector Value and originality is okay for ' specimens ' sure but for other lesser examples little concern .
    I usually pay more for modified especially as I like to use me guns - I don't just collect'em .
    People have customised their airguns since airgunning began - ie by people who actually use their airguns .
    I see people chopping up things - ultra rare Harper conversions - cos they got little or no sense .
    Who would want to restore /put an Innova back to 'original' to make it 'correct' when Harper rebarreled and tuned it to .25 ?
    Barmy .

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I get a lot of mark 3's in and would love to shorten one as the barrels are far too long and probably hinder the pellet accuracy. If its crowned nicely I say good idea.

Baz
    I think the taper is the best bit of a MK3. How about shortening one from the correct (thick) end, Baz? You'd also have the luxury of keeping the front sight on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    I think the taper is the best bit of a MK3. How about shortening one from the correct (thick) end, Baz? You'd also have the luxury of keeping the front sight on there.
    You are right, it is rather elegant, could turn the taper back on the barrel. May do it as I have a walking dead one. Talking about the walking dead just got in 7 Relum Tornados.

Baz

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    You are right, it is rather elegant, could turn the taper back on the barrel. May do it as I have a walking dead one. Talking about the walking dead just got in 7 Relum Tornados.

Baz
    Baz. If any of those Tornadoes are dismembered, I could do with a piston that's got a decent seal attached to it.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Baz. If any of those Tornadoes are dismembered, I could do with a piston that's got a decent seal attached to it.
    Just built a good one up out of parts, did not realise how many variations they made. Will let you when I get down to stripping them all next week. Seems like
    the first thing people remove is the back sight.

Baz

Baz
    Seven!!? Are they from a zombie gun club or something?

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Did they make a Webley MK 111 carbine?

I have been offered a MK 111 later model with a peep sight and a short barrel with no taper.
    The pistol grip area is also not standard.

Having said that it's a cut and shut I am wondering?

Buy it mate, if it is cheap enough

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Seven!!? Are they from a zombie gun club or something?
    Don't think anyone would buy Tornados for a gun club.I don't know why there are so many around. They are in the top five most common oldies I see, Meteors, Airsporter, Cadet/Majors, Tornados, Webley MK 3. Of "modern" HW 35.

Baz