Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It was only a matter of time

It was only a matter of time

Petition to bring in Airgun licensing in
    http://www.cats.org.uk/news/new-camp...irgun-attacks?

How much impact do you think it will have ?
    Up here in Scotland it has been a shambles with a tenth of the population of England.

Bill
    Last edited by Bigbill; 22-03-2017 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Chance URL
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

Link won't open, but if it's the same as I saw on facebook, I'll say the same thing.

Bringing in licensing will not stop cats getting shot. The people who will apply for licences are NOT the people who shoot cats. The cat shooters are scumbags with no common decency it regard for the law, so they won't apply for one anyway

russian sniper is offline 1982 Sausage roll and cider gargling regional finalist
    Did think after it came in up here that it wouldn't take long for it to be talked about in The rest of the UK
    Hopefully they don't bring it in for you guys

Daz

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    Looking at the CPL site, it looks as though the petition has been up for 10 months to get 16,000 signatures.

So this method is not going to work for them.

It is already very illegal to shoot cats.

I, like many airgunners, also love cats and would prefer that people who work to improve the lot of animals, work with people who shoot, to hold people who shoot animals illegally to account.

Get caught and you are almost certain to:

Get your name and picture in the local rag.

Hefty fine.

Lose all your guns.

Become a prohibited person on a lot of databases.

Become a social pariah.

May have difficulty finding employment.

So I would urge the CPL to change tack and work with us.

Edit: Actually, the petition is ticking up at quite a rate, so I may be wrong about it being 10 months old.
    Last edited by clunge; 22-03-2017 at 11:46 AM. Reason: New info.

URL now working

Bill
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

It was only a matter of time

My mums cat was poisoned by some scumbag with antifreeze, i should start a petition to get it banned.

The thought process behind this proposal is completely flawed.

Suppose that all air gun owners are licensed, and a cat gets shot near 99 Acacia Ave. It was shot with a .22 pellet.

Within a five mile radius of where the cat was shot there are seven licensed air gun owners, five of them have .22 calibre rifles.

So, we have five suspects, except we know and the coppers know that it is not licensed owners who shoot cats, so after wasting time and money inspecting the rifles and ammunition owned by the five people and finding that none of them own or use Bulldog pellets of the type removed from the cat, the Police are exactly nowhere in finding the moron that shot the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post

Suppose that all air gun owners are licensed, and a cat gets shot near 99 Acacia Ave. It was shot with a .22 pellet.

Within a five mile radius of where the cat was shot there are seven licensed air gun owners, five of them have .22 calibre rifles.

So, we have five suspects, except we know and the coppers know that it is not licensed owners who shoot cats, so after wasting time and money inspecting the rifles and ammunition owned by the five people and finding that none of them own or use Bulldog pellets of the type removed from the cat, the Police are exactly nowhere in finding the moron that shot the cat.
    Correct, but we're not dealing with sensible people that use common sense as part of their thought process 'we're up against idiots' so they won't be able to work that out...

licence

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Correct, but we're not dealing with sensible people that use common sense as part of their thought process 'we're up against idiots' so they won't be able to work that out...
    it will happen im sorry to say in a country gone mad thats thinks laws laws and more laws is the answer to everything

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    My mums cat was poisoned by some scumbag with antifreeze, i should start a petition to get it banned.
    deliberate or a leak from under a vehicle?

happened near my mums. old car sitting on the drive way. leaking coolant. cat then gets it into its system and dies at the vet.

was seen nearby the old car due to the hedge and the birds nests in the hedge.

I have two cats which i adore, and i worry about these d**kheads being about myself, especially to other day when i noticed a Co2 powerlet on the floor outside where i live, although it could of been off a bike pump or something, it did made feel a bit anxious for my pets, but what can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by echo1974 View Post
    I have two cats which i adore, and i worry about these d**kheads being about myself, especially to other day when i noticed a Co2 powerlet on the floor outside where i live, although it could of been off a bike pump or something, it did made feel a bit anxious for my pets, but what can you do?
    or nitrous oxide cartridge

https://www.creamsupplies.co.uk/mosa...ers-pack-of-24

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post

This was the exact point I made , when during the licensing consultation up here, a top cop / cat lover was on the radio spouting a lot of chap about how licensing would help the officers investigating pet shootings, immensely!!!
    I suppose some leads are better than none, it doesn't matter if the leads are to innocent licence holders!
    Donald

Keep your pets indoors or under control

then they cant get shot/poisoned/kicked/converted to Islam or chased by the cat shagger..
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill View Post
    Petition to bring in Airgun licensing in
    http://www.cats.org.uk/news/new-camp...irgun-attacks?

How much impact do you think it will have ?
    Up here in Scotland it has been a shambles with a tenth of the population of England.

Bill
    Can't see a petition and the article is nearly a year old.