Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It was only a matter of time

Quote Originally Posted by echo1974 View Post
    I have two cats which i adore, and i worry about these d**kheads being about myself, especially to other day when i noticed a Co2 powerlet on the floor outside where i live, although it could of been off a bike pump or something, it did made feel a bit anxious for my pets, but what can you do?
    What can you do? - keep them within your house or garden boundary. I've never let my dog $h1t all over my neighbours garden!
    My wife contracted toxoplasmosis from cat crap in our garden whilst carrying my eldest daughter, I have never owned a cat. My daughter had to undergo weekly blood tests for the 1st 6months of her life.

I am a sensible and responsible airgun owner and would never, ever condone shooting a cat - but I certainly do not restrain my dogs from chasing them down once they are in my garden, because after all that's what comes natural to a dog. Just like roaming free comes naturally to a cat.

I know this post will upset a few, but I'm sure there will be plenty that silently agree.

And by the way, I completely agree with needing a license for air rifle ownership - a correct and practical way of implementing it just needs to be worked out.
    Last edited by charub; 22-03-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill View Post
    Petition to bring in Airgun licensing in
    http://www.cats.org.uk/news/new-camp...irgun-attacks?

How much impact do you think it will have ?
    Up here in Scotland it has been a shambles with a tenth of the population of England.

Bill
    Can't see that actual petition having much impact but I'm pretty sure the government here will bring licensing in at some point for 2 reasons.

1 its an earner from those that do apply
    2 its an easy prosecution for those that don't. If for any reason a copper comes across an airgunner and they have no licence - game over. If a house is searched for whatever reason and unlicensed airguns are found, regardless of the reason for search - also game over.

If folk don't want to apply for licences that's their choice but they know the risks.

Licensing airguns will not prevent any crime.

Unfortunately anyone not having a license is taking a big risk
    B.A.S.C. member

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    ...And by the way, I completely agree with needing a license for air rifle ownership - a correct and practical way of implementing it just needs to be worked out.

It won't be.
    Turkeys voting for christmas springs to mind.
    Good deals with these members

badger5148

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Can't see a petition and the article is nearly a year old.
    it is ongoing as it has just come into my inbox

Take one instrument of destruction away from the scumbags, and they will move on to something else. 50lb crossbows from the toy aisle of the Range, catapults or bows and arrows.

Their imagination and stupidity know no bounds...
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    What can you do? - keep them within your house or garden boundary. I've never let my dog $h1t all over my neighbours garden!
    My wife contracted toxoplasmosis from cat crap in our garden whilst carrying my eldest daughter, I have never owned a cat. My daughter had to undergo weekly blood tests for the 1st 6months of her life.

I am a sensible and responsible airgun owner and would never, ever condone shooting a cat - but I certainly do not restrain my dogs from chasing them down once they are in my garden, because after all that's what comes natural to a dog. Just like roaming free comes naturally to a cat.

I know this post will upset a few, but I'm sure there will be plenty that silently agree.

And by the way, I completely agree with needing a license for air rifle ownership - a correct and practical way of implementing it just needs to be worked out.
    WHAT CAN YOU DO!? I inherited these cats (bro&sis) at a young age (6mths) from a neighbour moving out of the flat n/door or otherwise they would have been split up in a cats home? and they were already USED to going outside, so you CANT keep them in after that otherwise they will rip the place to f..k! ive tried it, and they did! and IF you had a garden, you would have to net or cage it in somehow to stop them gettin out. IF i had my way they would be home cats permanent, so i would'nt have the worry of them being out, i WISH they would sh.t where i COULD pick it up, so it didnt affect others! i understand that pickin up other people's cat sh.t WOULDNT BE GOOD as well as germs this can cause - and this is something i would prefer to have that control over. Ive always been a dog man B4, and given the worries ive said above with cats, in the future i would probably CHOOSE a dog 4 a pet, as they are much easier to have control over other than a outdoor cat (unless i had land/grounds, and i would have both). However, i am sorry to hear about what happened to your daughter & wife, with that cat mess infection, this must have been a nightmare to deal with, and i would probably feel the same resentment to this animal too, if this happened to family members of mine. But like a dog, a well looked after cat can be a very affectionate pet, i spend more money on their vet check ups, jabs & diet than my own, their fur coats are like silk! But as with most things in life, you only get out what u put in, and the affection and silly stuff they do back, as made me grow to love these animals alot.
    Last edited by echo1974; 23-03-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill View Post
    Petition to bring in Airgun licensing in
    http://www.cats.org.uk/news/new-camp...irgun-attacks?

How much impact do you think it will have ?
    Up here in Scotland it has been a shambles with a tenth of the population of England.

Bill
    If it comes in it would do as much good as the 97 handgun law did to stop gun crime , criminals and morons take no notice of laws
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by badger5148 View Post
    it is ongoing as it has just come into my inbox
    Got a link, can't see anything on that page.