Thread: John knibbs parts prices

John knibbs parts prices

Just phoned john knibbs for a price on end cap screw for barrel weight on my goldstar. They wanted £17.83+p&p phoned up chambers and got it posted for half knibbs price without postage. I think knibbs are taking the piss on their prices lately.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Just phoned john knibbs for a price on end cap screw for barrel weight on my goldstar. They wanted £17.83+p&p phoned up chambers and got it posted for half knibbs price without postage. I think knibbs are taking the piss on their prices lately.
    Probably find if you knew the thread of the screw you could pick one up off the bay for about 20p if that gun stuff like anything with the word "marine" infront of it is as far as I'm concerned a license to print money!.
    I recently bought some oring for the probe & magazine on my Daystate., Daystate price £5 for 2 approx which won't break the bank but, after a bit of digging to find out the sizes and the correct material i needed to use i looked online and found the bay price £2.50 for 50!!!! and free postage.. it doesn't need mentioning that i won't need to buy any for a while.
    Shocking really what companies will charge for basic stuff.
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

It's the same with diesel engines a marine engine is called a different name and it's a karbota tractor engine and if you cross reference the parts they are less than half of the price

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    same here, i have gone off knibbs. i ordered bizley gun oil and got some sh1t delivered. now i drive to sandy guns and tackle. a day out and i can see what i am buying. (then some more)
    last time i was there they had a lee enfield .303 sleeved to .22. was i tempted.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

i bought a new trigger sear recently from john knibbs price £9.95 chambers want £14.95 for the exact same thing i think there taking the piss

Knibbs and Chambers are businesses. They have to cover the sunk costs in buying parts, inventorying them, sending them out reliably and so on.

If you want a bit for a gun, the best place to start is asking on here. I have had good results, ranging from things at less cost than a parts dealer, to stuff free gratis and for nothing (or just for postage).

I am a very long way from being the best-stocked amateur tinkerer on here, but I have about three shoe boxes full of small parts that I don't need and would be happy to get rid of (not an advert: I am not running a business, I just know that I have more in some areas than I am likely to need, and some things that I know I don't need and probably never will). There are many more like me, with more stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Knibbs and Chambers are businesses. They have to cover the sunk costs in buying parts, inventorying them, sending them out reliably and so on.

If you want a bit for a gun, the best place to start is asking on here. I have had good results, ranging from things at less cost than a parts dealer, to stuff free gratis and for nothing (or just for postage).

I am a very long way from being the best-stocked amateur tinkerer on here, but I have about three shoe boxes full of small parts that I don't need and would be happy to get rid of (not an advert: I am not running a business, I just know that I have more in some areas than I am likely to need, and some things that I know I don't need and probably never will). There are many more like me, with more stuff.
    Nice one geezer!!! Lol sorry couldn't resist..

but truly though you are right i have bits n bobs kicking around that I'd happily give if i knew they were going to get used. Nothing better than sorting someone out as a favour.
    Good thought provoking post thanks
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I normally check the prices of both Chambers and Knibbs, if there's not much difference then I use Chambers but sometimes Chambers either down keep the part or don't have it stock, so Knibbs gets the sale (if it ain't to expensive), both of them but Knibbs more so seem to charge ridiculous prices for everyday mechanical things, things like washers and bolts for stock mountings, how they can charge nearly £4 for a single washer is beyond me and then have the cheek to charge £3.50 postage for said item and before people start quoting that they have to pick the part and put it in an envelope etc and that's why it costs so much, then in my job I have to drive a lorry to a destination and unload a whole lorry load of gear with a crane and we only charge £10 delivery (if the charge even gets put on the bill), so somewhere things don't add up.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

^^ agree with you pete. My end cap was £5.83 with chambers. Then with postage it comes to nearly a tenner. But that was still nearly £8 cheaper than what knibbs charge for the basic part with out postage. With postage it will be near £22 now thats a rip off no matter what excuses others come up with on here!
    Chris

I bought some FWB sport trigger parts From Knibbs last year that I could not get from Anywhere
    Sometimes a Couple of Quid here and there doesn't really matter

There are quite a few parts both are out of stock at the moment.