Thread: bsa scorpion problem

bsa scorpion problem

hope someone can help , if I fill my single shot scorpion to anything over 100 bar it will not open knock valve , everything is working ok , just as pressure goes up the valve refuses to open

weak hammer spring...

Replace knock off valve.
    They do have a limited lifespan and tend to get a radius of wear on them - my guess is that yours is probably worn to the point it is sticking.

Open her up and have a butchers

scorpion

hi, first is your filling gauge reading/working as it should, if ok then the hammer spring broke/weak or hammer seizing up/stiff, all that can be looked at without emptying the res as its on the non pressure side of things, if ok then its go to be emptied of air. quite possible the valve stem at fault bent/stiff/deformed . if you feel confident and know what you are doing then that's the way I would go. if any doubts then get it looked at. hpa is a dangerous thing. atb gc...

scorpion

having stripped it right down , seems like the knock of valve seems to be sticking, going to replace it and the hammer spring,
    thanks for all your help

Quote Originally Posted by ukace1958 View Post
    having stripped it right down , seems like the knock of valve seems to be sticking, going to replace it and the hammer spring,
    thanks for all your help
    There will be nothing wrong with the hammer spring mate. Knock off valves on BSA are a service part, they need replacing every now and then.

scorpion

thanks will try valve first

Quote Originally Posted by CuppaT View Post
    There will be nothing wrong with the hammer spring mate. Knock off valves on BSA are a service part, they need replacing every now and then.

A very apt description.

A.G

Though if the valve is not completely shagged it can be possible to to smooth it and re use - to do this you need to be bothered, and have a steady hand.

Also, you can identify a shagged knock off valve as over a string of shots you will notice the POI fall. My old ultra fell by around 2 inches at 30 yards over a string of shots. Worth keeping an eye on otherwise those hunting trips will be full of misses that will puzzle you.

scorpion

got a new one on order,
    thanks for the help

scorpion

hi there , good to hear you found the problem, the early single shot scorpions are a great gun imo. I had a gml sorted 177 years ago still wondered why I sold it . ATB gc..

scorpion

thanks for all the help, new valve fitted and working perfectly , next down the range this weekend for some serious testing

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I love my single shot. Very accurate and good shot count (better now it's regged)

Pete
    Pete