Thread: Paul Coates (Paul55)

Paul Coates (Paul55)

I thought I would copy this from the UBC forum as Paul was a regular contributor to the BBS in the past.

It is with great sadness I have to inform the membership that Paul passed away on Saturday.
    Paul was a huge personality, and a huge presence too, hands like shovels was our pet description.
    He was an avid shooter and collector of anything airgun. He was often the first to buy something new, only to tire of quickly and sell it on through the forum. Many of us picked up a bargain that way.
    Paul was a stalwart supporter of the UBC and the forum in particular, often the driving force behind many threads. He was a valued member of the moderating team for many years. Many of us had the pleasure of meeting Paul at our summer get togethers at the Greyhound along with his wife Brenda and beloved chihuahua Lulu. His booming laugh still rings in my ears now.
    Sadly poor health prevented him from attending the last few meets but he remained a good friend with lively email and PM exchanges.
    The forum and the UBC will be the poorer for his untimely departure from this life and I personally will miss him terribly.
    My thoughts and sympathies go out to Brenda and Lulu.

Rest in peace my friend, until we meet again in another life.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Thank you Jef for posting this thread.

Paul was a larger-than-life character in many aspects, and he will sorely missed

Kind regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK