Thread: Opinion please Hatsan AT44

manxmangt is offline Running Dog Lackey Of Capitalist Imperialism

Opinion please Hatsan AT44

I would like to get a budget pcp for target shooting and the odd rat, are they any good, and which calibre seems more accurate.
    Forgot to say I want a multi-shot
    Last edited by manxmangt; 22-03-2017 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Senior moment
    diligentia didat quid utilius

Brocock Contour .22, HW95 .177, Gamo Coyote .177

Quote Originally Posted by manxmangt View Post
    I would like to get a budget pcp for target shooting and the odd rat, are they any good, and which calibre seems more accurate.
    Forgot to say I want a multi-shot
    I've only briefly shot an at44 & was impressed for the money, i think they are great budget rifles. As for caliber, that's a can of worms. You shoot both so my answer is pick which you prefer. either caliber through a PCP will almost certainly be more accurate than the human shooting it.

Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

AT44's are not bad for the money, but having only owned/shot the 44/10 I can't vouch for the single shot version, the 10 shot was ok but I wouldn't suggest it's the best for targets as the barrel isn't of a high enough standard (crown) although having said that I'm sure I heard that they're now using 'Anschutz' barrels so may be better, anyway the single shot would be the one for targets...

Ps, targets are always gonna be .177...

sounds ideal for a bit of plinking in the garden, will give it a go

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I've only briefly shot an at44 & was impressed for the money, i think they are great budget rifles. As for caliber, that's a can of worms. You shoot both so my answer is pick which you prefer. either caliber through a PCP will almost certainly be more accurate than the human shooting it.

Rhys
    Go on say it .22 is best it's only you that can really make that choice all calibres will do want your asking that will be down
    to you to use it right or do you want to here .177 for feather .22 for fur and .25???? for bean tins

Just noticed that you've a 'Brocock Contour' and an 'HW95' which are both far superior to the 'AT44' which leaves me confused as to why you would want it...

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Just noticed that you've a 'Brocock Contour' and an 'HW95' which are both far superior to the 'AT44' which leaves me confused as to why you would want it...
    Just fancy something different, I know that both my Contour an 95 are very accurate, just fancy a cheap multi shot for a bit of fun.

Just fancy something different, I know that both my Contour an 95 are very accurate, just fancy a cheap multi shot for a bit of fun.
    Fair do's, I removed the barrel bands on mine as they interfered with the accuracy quite a bit (basically I free floated the barrel) I found that 'the p.o.i would alter as the pressure in the cylinder dropped' when the bands were in place...

secretagentmole Guest
    For not much more money look at a BSAmo Coyote (Gamo Scorpion, BSA Coyote, whatever). A BSA action, barrel and Gamo trigger, available for about £70 more from a retailer near you!

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Go on say it .22 is best it's only you that can really make that choice all calibres will do want your asking that will be down
    to you to use it right or do you want to here .177 for feather .22 for fur and .25???? for bean tins
    Definitely get a .22 then... Loads more fun buckling tins with the bigger pellet's, bit loopy but fun, like Eddie Murphy.. you only want a .177 if you want to be very serious & boring like John major
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    For not much more money look at a BSAmo Coyote (Gamo Scorpion, BSA Coyote, whatever). A BSA action, barrel and Gamo trigger, available for about £70 more from a retailer near you!
    Took your advice, got the Gamo in .177, heavy but as accurate as I would ever want.

At44

Recently bought a at44e from spotsman's via Internet,
    Had a phone call from them to say there being recalled wouldn't say why

secretagentmole Guest
    Took your advice, got the Gamo in .177, heavy but as accurate as I would ever want.
    Wood stock or synthetic stocked?

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Wood stock or synthetic stocked?
    Wood, I don't like plastic.

secretagentmole Guest
    Wood, I don't like plastic.
    I do not like plastic but I found the reach on the wood stock was huge, the synthetic was far more comfortable for me.