Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parcelforce nightmare - please read

Parcelforce nightmare - please read

So off I went in my lunch break to post a pistol I've just sold on here.
    "parcelforce 48 please" i say.
    "for safety purposes can you tell me what is in the package please?" says the old dear behind the counter
    "An air pistol" I reply.
    "ooh you can't post those " she says
    "Oh yes i can, it's the only legal method of sending" says I.
    So she pulls out the parcelforce leaflet, reads the prohibited items and in particular the "weapons section"
    "No you can't"
    Yes I can"
    I'll ring parcelforce she says, so she gets on the blower to PF and chats to a woman there.
    Oh no you can't they say to the old dear which she repeats to me with a smirk.
    Can you pass the leaflet to me I said. Which was a waste of time as the small print is beyond the ability of my knackered eyes and I didnt have my reading glasses.
    So off I went with the leaflet and as I exited the shop I said "you're wrong and I will come back and prove it to you. The postmaster who was at another counter said yes please do.
    So I got to the car and got my specs out and sure enough under the "arms and ammunition" section, it still clearly states that uk legal pistols and rifles are not prohibited to send within the UK.
    Straight back, showed them the clause and they accepted the package and also stated they would make all their staff aware.
    Result.
    B.A.S.C. member

Good on you sir just go's to show how some are jobs worth's and really couldn't tell shit from clay

You can also find the info on the Parcel Force web site:

http://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-...d-restrictions

Quite clearly states:

Arms and Ammunition - low powered air weapons Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

1. These items must be sent on an express48 service only
    2. These items must be sent via the Post Office only, and presented at the counter
    3. Enhanced compensation cover is not available

HTH

Paul

I love living in the sticks . Last time i posted a gun the old dear behind the counter referred to me as the local arms dealer
    To be fair she has to be nice to me i shoot the rabbits on her husbands veg plot !!
    Oh and my local morrisons sells airgun world and not even on the top shelf

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    I love living in the sticks . Last time i posted a gun the old dear behind the counter referred to me as the local arms dealer
    To be fair she has to be nice to me i shoot the rabbits on her husbands veg plot !!
    I live in the sticks too and my usual P.O. is ok. I had to call to a P.O. that I don't normally use.
    B.A.S.C. member

I don't mind if you send me a PM but I'd like to know which PO you had the trouble with.

I've had trouble with the main PO in Bideford in the past.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Problem is that now you've highlighted the issue with their leaflet you can bet your bottom dollar it'll get amended accordingly and will soon read, Low powered air pistols/rifles including lead pellets together with other airgun/airsoft projectiles now cannot be posted via 'Parcelforce' or any other service offered by Royal Mail...

Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I don't mind if you send me a PM but I'd like to know which PO you had the trouble with.

I've had trouble with the main PO in Bideford in the past.
    pm sent rich
    B.A.S.C. member

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    l had the same with rifle that l bought from a auction which said they could provide postage, but when they came to send it the post office person said they could not seen it. l manage to get the post office number and spoke to the person who said they could not send it. and told them to look on their own web site which said that they can. but only by parcel force 48. l got my rifle posted, there are to many post office workers who take it on their own to say you can't post airguns.

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Problem is that now you've highlighted the issue with their leaflet you can bet your bottom dollar it'll get amended accordingly and will soon read, Low powered air pistols/rifles including lead pellets together with other airgun/airsoft projectiles now cannot be posted via 'Parcelforce' or any other service offered by Royal Mail...
    No it won't, because when they tried that a few years back they were ordered by the regulator to allow postage of legally held items.

There are thousands of different rules & regs PO staff have to know, airguns are NOT commonly posted items, and given that 3/4 of the people on here state they "hide" the contents when asked, most PO staff will probably never knowingly encounter one being posted so the fact they don't know the rules is hardly surprising especially when so many of the people using the airgun don't either.
    Last edited by angrybear; 23-03-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    If they put it on the top shelf I would be firn as I am 6 foot 1...
    But they always put them.on the bottom and they are ramped so it gets an overhang olfrom the shelves above. Bloody hate WH Smiths 😆😆😆
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    No it won't, because when they tried that a few years back they were ordered by the regulator to allow postage of legally held items.

There are thousands of different rules & regs PO staff have to know, airguns are NOT commonly posted items, and given that 3/4 of the people on here state they "hide" the contents when asked, most PO staff will probably never knowingly encounter one being posted so the fact they don't know the rules is hardly surprising especially when so many of the people using the airgun don't either.
    There is no need to hide information when its perfectly legal to.do this.
    If you are anticipating attitude.or.ignorance ...... or both....go in with the leaflet and show them.

The regulator.did indeed tell the PO to remove their ban. The fact that you cant insure.it properly is a bugger though.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    ...and given that 3/4 of the people on here state they "hide" the contents when asked...
    I use the local village PO and never had a problem with sending scopes, pistols rifles, and I do thell them what they are

I think the lady behind the counter has taken a shine to me

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    I use the local village PO and never had a problem with sending scopes, pistols rifles, and I do thell them what they are

I think the lady behind the counter has taken a shine to me
    But your local PO is great, they're friendly and everything a lot of bigger POs ought to be (but aren't)!