Thread: Valuation please on BSA Juvenille

Valuation please on BSA Juvenille

A valuation please on my BSA Juvenile. Excellent condition, professionally restored in the 1980s. Beautiful bluing and stock finish. Repair to cockiing link. Pine fitted box.
    Mac

Hard one to value, Mac, because it has been restored which as we know is not to everyone's taste, plus the repair will mean a lower value, of course. But I would have thought £300 plus nevertheless for sheer rarity?

Personally I think the box should be worth at least another £100 in its own right because (and you were very generous to make me one at the same time!) it's a reproduction made with your customary skill and attention to detail.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Valuation

ELANMAC these are on of the rarer /rarest preWar BSA's .
    The restoration is stunning , and would make a great addition to anyone's collection even though it is not original.
    I see the prices for these BSA's reaching higher and higher - inflation , desirability .
    For 'ordinary' examples of D's and such , even here where people like bargains , £200 +/- is average .
    But I see Protek , doyens once of cheap BSA's , now selling average L's for near £300 .
    So for a rare /rarest example made in far fewer numbers ... and looking superb
    The later box is lovely but incidental .

Hi,

As you are probably already aware, only around 1000 each of the 'Junior' and 'Juvenile' rifles were ever made, so very rarely seen.

The refinish may be a problem for some, but it looks to have been well carried out and the reproduction box is a nice touch.

I would estimate somewhere in the region £400 - £500 would be realistic for a private sale.

Regards

Brian

Thank you all for your valuations I will be putting it up for sale shortly.
    Mac