Thread: B square mount

B square mount

Found this strange 1 piece mount, appears adjustable in various ways, says "B square" very faintly on the side.

I was about to chop it up to make an adaptor for my NV but thought I'd ask if it's anything special before cutting it.

it's 11mm dovetail, 25mm mounts that screw in & can fit in 4 different holes & each mount has 4 tiny grub-screws to adjust it 2 on the front & 1 either side.
    Last edited by angrybear; 22-03-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Something like this Steve?

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/B_Squa...m_Dovetail/360

B-Square is nice kit. I probably wouldn't chop it up.

Yep that's it, now got photo's to link.

The grub screws in the front are to lock down the side to side adjustment screws. Pretty nice mounts that won't mark the scope tube easily. I had them on a springer for a while, but they eventually loosened a bit. The springer was an FAC Pro Elite. The good part is that the grub screw points go into a steel ring that goes around the elevation posts. Some other brands screw into aluminum and just won't work for long, on a springer.

B square mount

I have the 2 piece versions on one of my guns, they aint cheap but very good for centering your scope or a gun scope combo that runs out of adjustment.

Multi adjustable mounts, used them for years but there are issues. The mounts can use various height posts to elevate, but rotating the rings to change the height (which is easier on the two piece because you can rotate the mount base without taking them off the scope) can mean the post can go into the scope. Overtightening of the gimbal ring can cause it to crush thus changing the alignment. The screws are imperial. Oh and 1/2 way through their life they changed the thread on the posts meaning some old mounts won't fit later height posts and vice versa.

They've had their day. Sportsmatch adjustables are better in my opinion, and I think cheaper to start with, plus they're metric.

Thanks for the info gent's, sounds like they're too good to chop up so I'll pass them on, cos I'll never use them.

I do like the fact all the screws are TORX rather than hex screws, shows quality.