As a matter of interest I have owned a few LP1 and LP1P match pistols over the years and some of them have had the current LP2/LP10 type of grip fitted instead of the correct original LP1 type.

This may not help much with your r/h grip with l/h eye dominance but I know this grip has been used by some with the same grip/eye combination as your own - but it may well have been a compromise to save cost and would have probably been less successful than having one specifically made to suite.

This grip is a direct fit so if there is an LP2 or LP10 in your club maybe you could give the grip a try to see if it works any better for you than the original LP1 grip and if so it could be a less expensive option and available "off the shelf" or used without the 8 week wait for RINK to make one for you.

Having said that, I totally agree that a custom made RINK grip is by far the best option if you want to do the job properly.

I bought a pistol with exactly the type of RINK r/h grip you need - but I am right eye dominant - and although I enjoy custom making and modifying grips for my own use - it took ages and a lot of time to convert this grip back to being suitable for r/h use with r/h dominant eye, so there really are some significant differences to position the pistol correctly in line for r/h use with a dominant left eye if you buy the correct grip from RINK.

I do not use any filler on my grips and I only work with wood and I like the finished grip to look at least as good as a new factory made one, but now I have experienced the work-load and time needed to convert one from l/h dominant to r/h dominant I can see just how much is changed between the two types and I would not be in a hurry to make a conversion like this again.

If you decide to buy a new RINK grip to suite your requirements I am sure you will be happy with it as they are well made and generally fit and do the job brilliantly.

As a matter of interest I have found the medium size Steyr grip fits the size of my hand well enough but to get the same sort of size from RINK it is important to order a large size as they are a little less generous in overall dimension as far as hand size and fit is concerned.