Thread: Advice on Rink grips for LP1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nige- thanks for that, really helpful. I think I will give them a go and try the handscan!
    Lundy
    Steyr Evo 10, Anschutz 8001, BSA Scorpion SE, BSA light Pattern, HW77k, HW30s, AA TX200, HW45 Blackstar, HW40, Walther CP88, Webley Premier E, TBC!

As a matter of interest I have owned a few LP1 and LP1P match pistols over the years and some of them have had the current LP2/LP10 type of grip fitted instead of the correct original LP1 type.

This may not help much with your r/h grip with l/h eye dominance but I know this grip has been used by some with the same grip/eye combination as your own - but it may well have been a compromise to save cost and would have probably been less successful than having one specifically made to suite.

This grip is a direct fit so if there is an LP2 or LP10 in your club maybe you could give the grip a try to see if it works any better for you than the original LP1 grip and if so it could be a less expensive option and available "off the shelf" or used without the 8 week wait for RINK to make one for you.

Having said that, I totally agree that a custom made RINK grip is by far the best option if you want to do the job properly.

I bought a pistol with exactly the type of RINK r/h grip you need - but I am right eye dominant - and although I enjoy custom making and modifying grips for my own use - it took ages and a lot of time to convert this grip back to being suitable for r/h use with r/h dominant eye, so there really are some significant differences to position the pistol correctly in line for r/h use with a dominant left eye if you buy the correct grip from RINK.

I do not use any filler on my grips and I only work with wood and I like the finished grip to look at least as good as a new factory made one, but now I have experienced the work-load and time needed to convert one from l/h dominant to r/h dominant I can see just how much is changed between the two types and I would not be in a hurry to make a conversion like this again.

If you decide to buy a new RINK grip to suite your requirements I am sure you will be happy with it as they are well made and generally fit and do the job brilliantly.

As a matter of interest I have found the medium size Steyr grip fits the size of my hand well enough but to get the same sort of size from RINK it is important to order a large size as they are a little less generous in overall dimension as far as hand size and fit is concerned.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Bob, thank you for your insight on that . I think custom is the right way to go because as you say, the difference is significant and at the moment, im trying to compensate with my stance, hold and twisted trigger, none of which help my poor performance! As a mildly interesting aside, a chap at the club last night brought in his new( to him) Original 10. I remember these from the club when I first shot in my early teens 35 years ago and the envy I felt at the guy who had one. Having said that, I had a go last night and god was the grip uncomfortable! The rear of the palm swell stuck into your palm like having a marble in your shoe. In spite of that, I wasn't shooting much worse than I do with my LP1!! Picking the LP back up afterwards made you realise how comfy the grip is and how much lighter it is. It definitely made me think about my technique more and what I might need to do to improve, beyond buying a better grip.
    Steyr Evo 10, Anschutz 8001, BSA Scorpion SE, BSA light Pattern, HW77k, HW30s, AA TX200, HW45 Blackstar, HW40, Walther CP88, Webley Premier E, TBC!