Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the facts about Walther?

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

What are the facts about Walther?

Are they owned by the PW Group of Arnsberg, Germany?
    Is the Lgv and Lgu made by Umarex and not Walther? And what about the Walther branded Chinese guns?
    Is it all a mystery or does anyone know

I believe that Walther Hammerli and probably some other brands are now owned by Umarex.

The higher end Walther 10m competition airgun section , as well as the firearms division are allowed to work to their same high standards, but, as far as I know, Umarex is the parent company.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Facts ?
    The fact is they are better than Diana
    Next question

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    Facts ?
    The fact is they are better than Diana
    Next question
    read him like a book

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    I believe that Walther Hammerli and probably some other brands are now owned by Umarex.

The higher end Walther 10m competition airgun section , as well as the firearms division are allowed to work to their same high standards, but, as far as I know, Umarex is the parent company.
    I read that PW Group of Arnsberg was the owners of umarex and Walther and the Lgv and Lgu was made in the Arnsberg factory and the real Walthers were made in Ulm, I was wondering how true this is and thought that the Walther fans would know.
    It would be interesting to know if the new models are genuine Walthers or made by umarex as it's no mystery who makes the other brands

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I read that PW Group of Arnsberg was the owners of umarex and Walther and the Lgv and Lgu was made in the Arnsberg factory and the real Walthers were made in Ulm, I was wondering how true this is and thought that the Walther fans would know.
    It would be interesting to know if the new models are genuine Walthers or made by umarex as it's no mystery who makes the other brands
    Just get hold of an old LG55. Then get hold of an LGV, or an LGU. The difference will punch you in the tits.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The LGV and LGU guns are just cheap and nasty with some very poorly made components made from some kind of poor metal substitute. I have had many of these to work on and don't get why people are so enthusiastic?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Just get hold of an old LG55. Then get hold of an LGV, or an LGU. The difference will punch you in the tits.
    Blimey that much recoil

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    The LGV and LGU guns are just cheap and nasty with some very poorly made components made from some kind of poor metal substitute. I have had many of these to work on and don't get why people are so enthusiastic?
    I'm not defending Walther (heavens forbid, me defend anything German) but are the parts made out of "chemical metal" critical components? ie trigger parts or parts under stress?, what I don't understand is why was there this big magazine spread a few years ago banging on about how Walther had taken all the good bits of other makers rifles and made this super rifle that had had camera's wedged up it's shitter to see what it was doing inside, only to make it out of monkey metal

I thought the LGV piston, spring, guides were supposed to be the tits and everyone was putting them into other rifles.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I'm not defending Walther (heavens forbid, me defend anything German) but are the parts made out of "chemical metal" critical components? ie trigger parts or parts under stress?, what I don't understand is why was there this big magazine spread a few years ago banging on about how Walther had taken all the good bits of other makers rifles and made this super rifle that had had camera's wedged up it's shitter to see what it was doing inside, only to make it out of monkey metal

I thought the LGV piston, spring, guides were supposed to be the tits and everyone was putting them into other rifles.

Pete
    The "best bits" are only the design of the rotating piston with delrin bearings in my mind. Nothing that hasn't been in the TX for years.
    I can't quite work out how something that feels so "cheaply" made, is actually so heavy. I'm not a fan at all
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    what I don't understand is why was there this big magazine spread a few years ago banging on about how Walther had taken all the good bits of other makers rifles and made this super rifle that had had camera's wedged up it's shitter to see what it was doing inside, only to make it out of monkey metal

Pete
    Perhaps they spent more on advertising than the gun, remember this

https://youtu.be/bSgMpAQBddY

I loved that video.

The only time my two ex wives smiled that much was when the judges approved the divorces. I should have bought them a Walther.

What was the name of the guy who allegedly tested the Walthers ... Boris or something like that?

Are Lothar Walther a different company to Walther Hammerlli?

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Because the are so unbelievably accurate. The stock is horrible, the trigger is crap, but the firing cycle is so sweet, and the pellet
    has an uncanny knack of arriving where it was intended to go.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    Because the are so unbelievably accurate. The stock is horrible, the trigger is crap, but the firing cycle is so sweet, and the pellet
    has an uncanny knack of arriving where it was intended to go.
    I feel like I'm confessing to something...but I really like my LGV
    The stock isn't pretty but it fits (competition ultra stock with adj. comb). The trigger works just fine for me. It's super quiet with a stubby little delrin moderator. And most importantly of all....it hits what I aim it at. It's not the least bit hold sensitive.
    Good deals with these members