Thread: Logun s 16

Logun s 16

Anyone no much about these? ie working on them and what leakages do they suffer? any other common problems?

Don't know much about em, sized one up once with a view to buying it, read all the horror stories of poor reliability, damn it was heavy, all metal construction if I remember rite, oh and did I mention "damn it was heavy" even for me who's built like a 🦍 ...

Much anticipated at the time, Logun bottled it and changed the original pump action design to straight pull bolt action at the 11th hour due to pressure from 'the powers that be' - in doing so they produced a real duffer.

In the end they couldn't give them away.

The good news is if you want to tinker there are plenty of them sitting around in bits.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    Much anticipated at the time, Logun bottled it and changed the original pump action design to straight pull bolt action at the 11th hour due to pressure from 'the powers that be' - in doing so they produced a real duffer.

In the end they couldn't give them away.

The good news is if you want to tinker there are plenty of them sitting around in bits.
    This is my idea getting hold of one and I see that there is some dvds on that site on putting them back to the original designed gun "a pumper" there is one on you tube just thought I would ask the members if they have worked on any? also if any one would take the job on if I was to try and couldn't finish ?
    Last edited by ZAKDINGEL; 23-03-2017 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    This is my idea getting hold of one and I see that there is some dvds on that site on putting them back to the original designed gun "a pumper" there is one on you tube just thought I would ask the members if they have worked on any? also if any one would take the job on if I was to try and couldn't finish ?
    No one likes to take on a half finished job. If you are not confident, better to get someone else to do it from the outset.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Actually, with a little bit of tinkering they make a great rifle, the .22 can be tweeked to 23fpe for FAC and they aren't that heavy one shoulder, in standerd form they are a bit agricultural, and owners try ramming the bolt foward ending up jamming pellets in to the barrel. The design of the rifle is very clever but they have 13 seals, it's the one in the barrel that usually fails.

Loganator is the man to talk to about them.

The last one I worked on, the guy who originally sold it to my friend brougt it back because it was so smooth and easy to load. That was 5yrs ago and he is still using it and it hasn’t let him down yet.

ATB
    Mike
    HFT.......SAVED MY SANITY 🤡
    59er HW100 barreled Steyr Lg110 + Sightron s111 10×42
    Beware the man with one gun.

Vile, heavy, poor quality, unreliable, and horrible to shoulder -- You'll know straight away if you want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Vile, heavy, poor quality, unreliable, and horrible to shoulder -- You'll know straight away if you want one.
    Good....the more people that think like this the better, helps keep the second hand price low.
    HFT.......SAVED MY SANITY 🤡
    59er HW100 barreled Steyr Lg110 + Sightron s111 10×42
    Beware the man with one gun.

secretagentmole Guest
    The Airgun Doctor was at one time chief designer for Logun and did the reworkign of the internals. Any problems contact him, he can sort them!

S16 repair

Contact the Logunator, he really is brilliant, re sealed mine after being left for several years.
    As others have said its a marmite gun, love it or hate it. Phenomenonly accurate, first pcp I owned, accounted for many rabbits. Usual advice, if it's scratched, screws chewed up or tampered with, don't bother, but a good one is a keeper.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by happydad View Post
    Good....the more people that think like this the better, helps keep the second hand price low.
    I'm happy to help with that.

Great rifles & easy to work on, I bought a few cheap ones due to leaking for spare bottles & mags but fixed each one within 30 minutes.
    Liked them so much that I kept 2, one for Day & one for lamping.
    Pocket of seals from the £1 shop & a hex key set & never had a ruined outing
    Cheers
    Dan